Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TF4 - 2014

I dunno, the image of an Angry Archer-esque Aaron Archer swinging away from TRU backrooms with sacks of DotM Quejacks is pretty amusing IMO.

"Tally ho! Thou whiny fans shalt not have thine plastic idols this day!"

Quote Originally Posted by orionpax1 View Post
    Well hopefully the "source" is wrong and they do a proper reboot and actually follow the canon of transformers. Then again if it is a sequel i will still watch it ( loved the last one ) and the toys, well never gave crap about them anyway, just happy to have more transformer movies.
    With Michael Bay as the director, there won't be much of a 'reboot' even if they do indeed do that. Bay is a formulaic director, all his movies run under similar templates and this is ever more apparent with the Bayformer movies. They all follow the same formula because Michael Bay doesn't really care to do much else, specially now that he is only directing this as a means to an end since he never liked Transformers to begin with. The first movie was better because there was clearly another influence there (Spielberg) but it is clear that for the sequels, Bay was given full rein and I don't see that changing by TF4.

Plus every single movie has been a somewhat soft reboot anyways. The 'Sam part' of the stories has some progress but the Transformer stuff is all over the place. If the continuity within the same movie is questionable at best, what about the whole trilogy?

TF4 may be a 'reboot' because there is probably not going to be a Sam story anymore but he will likely be replaced by another actor (Billy?) who follows the same identical template story. The TF stuff will be as chaotic, nonsensical and shallow as ever.

You want to know what TF4 will be like? Then watch ROTF and DOTM because you will get the same identical movie.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ...Targeting one person out of the several layers of management is like blaming a one person at KFC for those dreadful Fresh Subs they are currently selling...
    Obscure and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    With Michael Bay as the director, there won't be much of a 'reboot' even if they do indeed do that. Bay is a formulaic director, all his movies run under similar templates and this is ever more apparent with the Bayformer movies. They all follow the same formula because Michael Bay doesn't really care to do much else, specially now that he is only directing this as a means to an end since he never liked Transformers to begin with. The first movie was better because there was clearly another influence there (Spielberg) but it is clear that for the sequels, Bay was given full rein and I don't see that changing by TF4.

Plus every single movie has been a somewhat soft reboot anyways. The 'Sam part' of the stories has some progress but the Transformer stuff is all over the place. If the continuity within the same movie is questionable at best, what about the whole trilogy?

TF4 may be a 'reboot' because there is probably not going to be a Sam story anymore but he will likely be replaced by another actor (Billy?) who follows the same identical template story. The TF stuff will be as chaotic, nonsensical and shallow as ever.

You want to know what TF4 will be like? Then watch ROTF and DOTM because you will get the same identical movie.
    Personally, I felt Sam was probably most relevant in Movie number 3 because he wasn't relevant. There was no magic cube or magic sandy sock this time around - he became relevant through his actions.

DOTM was an overwhelming and exhausting movie in the cinema, it was too long and too busy, but at home (where there's a pause button) I find it to be a good fun ride of a movie.

As with any movie, once a bit of time passes you can start to forgive (or at least ignore) it's failings and better appreciate the parts they got right. I can enjoy The Phantom Menace a lot more these days than I did when it first came out.

Aaron Archer is just one in a chain of people who approve of or decides what happens with Transformers. Targeting one person out of the several layers of management is like blaming a one person at KFC for those dreadful Fresh Subs they are currently selling.
    Gooollllldddddnnnnneerrr!! *shakes.fist*

And Hasbro won't learn, or change, because they would still see DotM as a success. The movie made them heaps of money, and the toys were still bought up by retailers to almost the same level as RotF.
    So short sighted. But typical of Hasbro... they only care about what retailers are buying and not what the end consumers are buying (or not buying). Hasbro reps should be paying attention to shelf warmers because obviously if toys shelfwarm, they're dead stock to the retailers, who in turn will be reluctant from reordering more stock in the future if existing stock is still cluttering their shelves. IMHO Takara (and even the less caring TakaraTOMY) care more than Hasbro -- they try to make products that are pleasing to the end consumer, which in turn sells the toys which in turn encourages retailers to order more stock. It's not rocket science.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Happened to be browsing on Michael Bay's website for another reason (honestly, I'm ashamed to say I was there ). From the horse's mouth... he's directing another film first, then TF4.

Damn, I actually believed that there might be a reboot. Fresh ideas. Fresh perspectives.

I never intended watching another Bay TF film after the dreadful ROTF, but I was duped by a few reviews and fanboys, who declared DOTM to be "brilliant", and saw it as a result. They were wrong! At least, I can safely say I won't be fooled again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Damn, I actually believed that there might be a reboot. Fresh ideas. Fresh perspectives.
    "Bay will bring audiences a new take on the “Transformers” franchise" <--does this mean reboot? (although with Bay at the help there won't be much in the way of fresh ideas or perspectives )

They should just keep TF4 in the same continuity as the first three films if they're gonna keep Bay as the director, honestly. IMO I'd rather see either a Bay-directed sequel to DOTM or a non-Bay directed reboot. Don't see the point of a Bay-directed reboot...

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I never intended watching another Bay TF film after the dreadful ROTF, but I was duped by a few reviews and fanboys, who declared DOTM to be "brilliant", and saw it as a result. They were wrong!
    DOTM was brilliant compared to ROTF!! You see, everything's great when you lower your standards!

It has been confirmed as a reboot
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Sigh! I'm not a fan of bay movies, I can sit through the first one every now and then, I have watched ROTF twice and that was one time too many and haven't even bothered with a DVD of the DOTM movie or seen it again as I'm sure it'll make me ill. I'm not going to rant and rave and refuse to see the next movie as I'm sure I will, This doesn't mean I think it's going to be any good it just means I'm a glutton for punishment and OCD where TF's are concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    It's official. Michael Bay will be directing TF4 which is set for release on June 29, 2014.
    *sigh*, and I was really enjoying Transformers Prime. Does this mean that, like Animated, another series is going to be cancelled in it's, er - 'prime'?

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Two years is a long time. Who knows what could happen in the meantime.

The fandom may revolt and Hasbro directors will be found dead with a different Bumblebee repaint stuffed into every orifice.

Or they might surprise us and we may look forward to the movie greatly.
    Viva la revolution!