Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Machinima Titans Return cartoon begins NOV 14

Default Machinima Titans Return cartoon begins NOV 14

In about a month's time, the second chapter in the Prime Wars Trilogy cartoon will begin, with 10 episodes of 11 minutes each, through the same American streaming service as Combiner Wars (and probably on Youtube soon after as well).

This new series will feature quite a few feature names as voice actors this time - Michael (Worf) Dorn, Jason (Power Ranger) David Frank, Wil (ST:TNG) Weaton, Judd (Rodimus Prime) Nelson, and of course, Peter (Optimus) Cullen.

Three weeks left to go, and the promotions are ramping up, with this promo poster being released, suggesting that there will be one for each released of the main voice actors and their character.
    This one is for Jason David Frank, who appears to be voicing the character Emissary (the head of Cerebros, who is the head of Fortress Maximus).

just like the last one, I'm going to give it a crack, I hope it has a bit more substance.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    just like the last one, I'm going to give it a crack, I hope it has a bit more substance.
    I watched combiner wars on the Last Knight Blu ray. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I watched combiner wars on the Last Knight Blu ray. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
    I watched each episode on youtube as they became available. I was disappointed in their length, I'm sure the original press release said there were more episodes than were originally released and that they were 8 or 9 minutes long each, I think they ended up being just over 5 or 6 minutes each.

There was a lot of criticism of time being wasted on drawn out intro sequences, like starscreams flight sequence at the start of the second episode. I found some of the characterisation/script to be jarring.

otherwise, I thought the character models were outstanding, the environment and animation was very nice. There were some nice ideas in the writing, if not well executed. I think overeall expectations were too high, for myself and the general fandom. It's certainly not the worst transformers media that's ever been released.

I really liked the 'fight' between windblade and prime, his ease in out manoeuvring her assault was a great demonstration of his age and experience. I do look forward to seeing it on the Blu-ray as a single presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    They mention every other bonus feature but this one on the back cover. I rarely watch bonus discs so I wouldn't have known if you hadn't mentioned it.

Watched it in one go this morning, it was much better than watching the episodes individually. So I think I'll do the same this time with Titans Return.

The second promo poster has been released, with Metroplex, being voiced by Nolan North.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    They mention every other bonus feature but this one on the back cover. I rarely watch bonus discs so I wouldn't have known if you hadn't mentioned it.

Watched it in one go this morning, it was much better than watching the episodes individually. So I think I'll do the same this time with Titans Return.
    It wasn't great, but it was certainly easier to watch the 43 minutes all in one hit. I bought the Sanity exclusive edition today, and it didn't have it on the case... maybe it was a last minute addition, as it advertises the release of Titans Return in November.

It's an advertised feature of the target edition in the US, I'm guessing that rather than spend the money on printing two different discs and worrying about which packs they were put in they just printed the same disc for everyone and didn't mention it everywhere else. It's not false advertising if it's an unmentioned extra right?, though it really takes the wind out of the sales of the target exclusive if that was the reason people were purchasing from them.

Machinima have announce that a trailer for the series will be released in the next day, a week before the series starts.

After watching combiner wars i searched for an hour for this series not realising its wasnt out yet