Page 368 of 710 FirstFirst ... 348358363364365366367368369370371372373378388 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Default ebay item

Hello all,
    I have some Transformer items on ebay:

http://shop.ebay.com.au/agooddrop/m....&_trksid=p3686

Have a look and buy them (I need the money)!

Hurst: In all likelihood, the guy's realised what you've won it for and the S&H charged isn't even going to cover the stamp price, and doesn't want to complete. Understandable enough, although I don't condone making up a story if this is the case. You could try asking if that's the issue and offer to pay £3 for it - air mail postage is £2.07 alone, so I think that's reasonably fair. Granted, you shouldn't have to pay for his mistakes, but it's still a pretty low price.
    Last edited by griffin; 30th September 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: conflict

Cheers for the advice Whoopy and THC.

@Whoopy:
    I took you up on your suggestion dude and have offered to throw in a little extra to cover for 'postage' yesterday; mind you it has now been 48 hours since the Seller's last communique and it's as we all expected, complete radio silence.

@THC: It's my personal belief that if one is willing to list an auction with a set standard postage price and a starting bid of 1.00GBP, then one is willingly and actively accepting that the auction could very well end on that amount or pass through entirely; on that basis I've no sympathy, as this has happened to me in the past but I've accepted the result and have learnt from it, otherwise if one wanted a higher amount as an acceptable parting price then one should list the auction with a starting bid that reflects said amount.

Now, this is all based around the assumption the Seller wanted more for the listing; if we look at it the other way then I still believe the Seller should've posted prior notice of the 'missing items' before the auction's end - I'm sure eBay would've been happy to remove the listing on such a basis if asked.

This is the 2nd major annoyance I've had via eBay, I'm still waiting on a complete G1 Astrotrain to arrive from Nowra (Geographically a 1 hour drive from me) which has so far taken 5 years not to arrive.
    (On which the statute of limitations has well and truly expired )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    This is the 2nd major annoyance I've had via eBay, I'm still waiting on a complete G1 Astrotrain to arrive from Nowra (Geographically a 1 hour drive from me) which has so far taken 5 years not to arrive.
    (On which the statute of limitations has well and truly expired )
    OMG and you still have hope for that one???

C'mon Hursti, now I believe we need to give you a small lecture. You've won it, it's legally binding; you've paid for it -- like 5 years ago?? Is that seller still telling you that he's looking for it and will post it as soon as he finds it? This is ridiculous!

Certainly a 5-year-old incident is too old to chase up but once is enough. Don't let the current one mug you again. You have done your part of the respect and understanding deal, far more than what's expected of a saint. You still have your right to protect.

EDIT: I was probably a bit drastic. What I mean is this: indeed it could be that he did lost it, and I'd do the same as you've done to accept a cancellation if he chose so. It did happen to me before, the seller told me he's run out of stock and I believed him so I agreed to cancel the deal. However note the difference: my case the seller was proactive in communication. I believe a sincere seller would not have let you keep emailing him for 48 hours without a decent reply, especially when it's regarding a material mistake on his side. Based on what you've said, it suggest in every way that he is not sincere in making this a fair deal, he just want to dodge hoping he can just get away with it, that you'll finally give up.
    Last edited by Arcee; 1st October 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Rare Purple Japanese Beast Wars Crocodile Megatron

Probably worth asking if the seller would be willing to Post internationally. Interesting piece.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

BW Lot with Packaging

I contacted the seller to see if they'd seperate out the Transmutate parts (they wouldn't ) but said they would post to Australia and would cost around $30. So $70 for 7 figures plus some Transmutate parts, $10 a piece. Bargain.

I won't be going for it, but if any of you do, please let me know if you're keeping the Transmutate Parts

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    OMG and you still have hope for that one???
    All's good dude, I have indeed given up on Astrotrain a good while ago and have made my peace with it; I was merely making a mention of it, that's all.
    I've since received word back from the Seller stating that the instructions have indeed gone missing, as has a heap of Lego instructions; so I've given him the go ahead with the Transaction Cancellation Process but am yet again waiting for a response 24hrs later...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Rare Purple Japanese Beast Wars Crocodile Megatron

Probably worth asking if the seller would be willing to Post internationally. Interesting piece.
    Indeed, this is quite interesting; is this the version that came with Convobat?

BW Lot with Packaging

I contacted the seller to see if they'd seperate out the Transmutate parts (they wouldn't ) but said they would post to Australia and would cost around $30. So $70 for 7 figures plus some Transmutate parts, $10 a piece. Bargain.

I won't be going for it, but if any of you do, please let me know if you're keeping the Transmutate Parts
    Man, if I didn't already have all those figures I would hit that auction up purely for the packaging alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed, this is quite interesting; is this the version that came with Convobat?
    It did, but Optimus was also repainted. Red I think from memory, but I may be wrong, I'm not an expert when it comes to the Japanese stuff.

It did, but Optimus was also repainted. Red I think from memory, but I may be wrong, I'm not an expert when it comes to the Japanese stuff.
    Ah ok, cheers for the clarification dude and yeah; I do believe Primal (Bat) was repainted Red in the set, I know Goki has the pair so he'd be able to clarify for sure - short of hitting up the Wiki myself but I like picking members brains.

Need parts? Then maybe they're in amongst ALL OF THIS!

Wouldn't that be fun to sift through...

If anyone here is actually crazy enough to win it, let me know, I'm after a couple of things, as I'm sure are many others here...