Thread: Revived collector

Default Revived collector

Hi all,

Recently got back into collecting Transformers when I saw the Encore Fort Max, which was my holy grail as a kid and promptely ordered from Amazon. The memories and euphoria when it arrived was absolutely unbelievable, made me feel like was 10 yr old again.

Huge fan of Transformers since I was little, and very lucky to own a lot of the original release G1 Headmasters and Masterforce figures including Scorponok, Overlord and the elusive God Ginrai. I own a few major characters in G1 like Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Soundwave (no Megatron )
    Good thing i took care of my toys and have all the accessories, just need a few Reprolabels to patch up the old stickers.

I've started to collect Kabaya kits too as I find them easy to upgrade with a few coats of spray paint. And the MP series is just too good to pass over. YOTH Optimus, Sideswipe, Prowl, Grimlock, Acidstorm for now... definitely grabbing Wheeljack and Star Saber.

My first foray into 3rd party scene was Hextron... absolutely stunned by the improvements when compared to my original G1 Sixshot. Looking to add to my 3P collection too with MMC Feral Rex.

The only thing I need is sorting out a nice display case for all my old G1s.

So glad to have found this site and a lot of collectors that started their journey young as well

Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum MrTrick.

So nice that you still have your original toys !. As for display cases I would suggest glass ones like say, the Detolf Display cases sold at IKEA.

It'what I use for my MPs... of course there are more types of shelves that they sell which are upgradable to have a glass door and some are with adjustable shelves so you can csutomize the space allotment for your G1 figures. Give IKEA a visit to give you an idea coz they have some display set ups in their stores - to showcase their wares in a "what if" scenes (kitchen, bedroom, mini office, small apartment, etc). Hope we see your collection pics as well. Do post and make your own collection thread when your able to. Cheers!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Welcome to the forums. The ikea cabinets are great. Sometime you can pick up some nice big cabinets off gumtree or ebay if they are local to you and available for pickup. 2 of my huge lock up glass cabinets came from facebook actually for $150 each! Former shop display cabinets.

Anyway look forward to seeing some of your collection and very jealous of your Headmaster collection.

thanks guys, the wife wants to head to ikea this weekend so perfect timing

Welcome to the forum MrTrick

Welcome to the boards MrTrick!
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Welcome to the board fellow cybertronian.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.

Any pics of your collection? - Whack 'em here if you haven't already as we LOVE to see the collections of others.