Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposition: Bots of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unfortunately many people here in NSW refer to Victoria as "Mexico" and Victorians as "Mexicans."
    Really? Never heard of that. Must be some sort of irony-based thing considering how many people are wanting to flee the economic trainwreak of New South Wales.

I don't believe some sort of state-based tag is necessary. Not feeling the urge right now to do anything in the name of Ted Baillieu.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Tassie already has at least two of it's own. Snarl and Tasmanian Kid! Take that you mainland scum!
    bahaha

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;294497]Unfortunately many people here in NSW refer to Victoria as "Mexico" and Victorians as "Mexicans."

im no mexican brother!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I personally don't like the whole thing of "Victoria is south of the border, therefore Mexico." Feels so unnecessarily Yankocentric... as if NSW is pretending to be the United States... why?? (It's almost as if some NSWers think it's clever to insult Victorians by calling them Mexicans... but then the insult flies back at us because it makes us Americans. (-_-))NSWers call Vic "Mexico" but never refer to their own state as "The United States" nor ever refer to QLD as "Canada." Stupid inconsistency. Then there's the fact that the entire Australian continent is technically south of the Mexican border anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I personally don't like the whole thing of "Victoria is south of the border, therefore Mexico." Feels so unnecessarily Yankocentric... as if NSW is pretending to be the United States... why?? (It's almost as if some NSWers think it's clever to insult Victorians by calling them Mexicans... but then the insult flies back at us because it makes us Americans. (-_-))NSWers call Vic "Mexico" but never refer to their own state as "The United States" nor ever refer to QLD as "Canada." Stupid inconsistency. Then there's the fact that the entire Australian continent is technically south of the Mexican border anyway.

lets get back to skywarps thread topic anyways as this is a silly and superfluous discussion anyway.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I hear Mexico is lovely this time of year

Sorry couldn't resist..
    Last edited by Slag; 8th April 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I hear Mexico is lovely this time of year

Sorry couldn't resist..
    thats not on topic :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    ^^^ Same.. I was thinking a sandgroper would be appropriate for over here. Some kind of vehicles too. Maybe mining and construction based (oh wait, it's been done already)?? No reason we couldn't have a few??

I like the tassie devil idea ( i can't believe they don't have an official animal emblem??). could go from angry marsupial to actual devil to robot and back again..

I was thinking the same thing. We've got a few West Aussies chiming in on the construction/ mining vehicle thing. I liked the Sandgroper because it's insecticon'esque

Otherwise I personally like this. We can repaint TF Cybertron Metroplex

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We've got a few West Aussies chiming in on the construction/ mining vehicle thing. I liked the Sandgroper because it's insecticon'esque

Otherwise I personally like this. We can repaint TF Cybertron Metroplex
    awesomeness! yes i said awesomeness!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I indeed like the idea of a Livestreamed TF Monopoly game, state rivalries shouldn't be an issue surely.
    (For the record, I've never heard VIC being referred to as 'Mexico'; That title has always been reserved for the ACT and for obvious reasons. )

@Bartrim: Spot-on man!
    Though, I'd also like to put forward the Sydney Funnel-web.
    (Especially when QLD can choose Banjo. )

I'm digging this G1, Beastwars and Cybertron mashup