Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi all!

Quote Originally Posted by Senor_2 View Post
    I've spent a bit of time on here already reading up on info and going through pics of peoples amazing collections, I can see myself getting into a lot of trouble as a result but hopefully I'll be able to resist temptation of going crazy with collecting!
    In saying that, I'm currently looking for a new house so hopefully I find one with some space somewhere to setup a little display of some of my figures
    My tips for new collectors:

1. Collect toys that you like which are currently available. Toys can get expensive if they're no longer in current production or sale.

2. If you'd like to build a large collection, then consider the possibility of allocating a significant amount of storage or display space, such as a room for your collection. I found that once my collection hit around the 500 mark it was too big to simply fit into a bedroom, so I put it into a separate room. Although I did spend about 2 years with my TFs in a study when I had about 800-900 figures. But I gotta say, it was really a Transformers room with a desk, computer and filing cabinet in it (all of which were covered in Transformers). Another massive advantage of having a collection room is that it can help to reduce dust because nobody goes in that room unless they want to look at or play with the Transformers.

Either way, good luck with your collecting!

oh and to add to Gok's , plan what shelves your gonna be using, Ive made the mistake of just buying outright on site coz I had "display excitement" when I bought my house. Now Im stuck with a whole lot of DYI MDFs but after seeing a lot of the display shelves (glass ones) of some other collections here - it got me thinking... DOH!!

Make sure to allocate enough monies for it as good shelving can be pricy but very rewarding when you get it right... go for glass if possible and lighter colored if using MDF white first choice.

Glass brings out a certain classy look to the collection display and lessens shadow, and with white - it makes the figures "pop" out since the figures are quite colorful kinda gets highlighted in a white background, also good if your gonna have a bit of shadow - has that clean look to it.

Oh and make sure you've got proper lighting coz you'll need it, since most of the time you'll want the collection room dark and away from sunlight unless you want yellowed figures...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Hope you enjoy!

I don't have nearly as many figures as some of you guys do, will probably only have a single decent sized shelf worth of ones that I'd like to display permanently, plus wifey might not be too thrilled with the idea of filling up a whole room in our as yet unpurchased next house lol
    But yes, agree with the comments regarding glass shelves and direct sunlight.

The seller I had the MP-04 lined up to buy from no longer has it available for sale, but I think I've changed my mind yet again and am currently looking for an MP-01L for the reasons that it was a more recent release and is cheaper, plus don't really need the trailer as I'd like to keep it MISB... and I'd probably pick up a Hasbro MP-10 when released here to muck around with and display out of box

Oh and excuse my relative noobness but liegeprime, what are the figures in your sig pic? I want some!

Oh and excuse my relative noobness but liegeprime, what are the figures in your sig pic? I want some!
    Oh these are Myclones TF. They were a limited release Chibi versions ( non transforming)of some of the TF Characters - only 3 waves were released and are sadly out of production now. So I had to buy these from secondary markets and from some members here (which was cheaper, waaaay cheaper)

Here's more info about em in the TF wiki - they're really cute little buggers which is why I wanted to collect em!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/MyClone
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

welcome.. you found all your old tf's packed up in shoe boxes!! thats awesome news. look forward to seeing pics

Thanks liegeprime, I've already started hunting some of them down.....

Had a quick look through some of the shoe boxes, worryingly haven't found my Voltrons yet (did find some instructions and paperwork, a key and figure however) and might still be some more TF's around, but here's a couple of quick pics of what I've been able to get to:

Robotech pilot snuck into this one

wow man nice stuff you've had tucked away!! welcome to the boards XD

Robotech pilot snuck into this one
    That looks to be a reissue Roy Fokker.

Those figures look to be in formidable condition at any rate!