Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi new here :)

Default Hi new here :)

Hi all

I'm from Melbourne, I'm 19 and been into transformers since i was a child, mainly influenced by my brothers who were into G1 and cheese TV who showed reruns of G1 in the mornings in the 90's

Definitely more into the more G1 style of toys, kinda just been into the toys on and off but recently got more into it wanting to finish my gestalts

This is my small collection:

Should have Alternator nemisis prime there but he's at my GF's house

G1 triggerhappy is in the back, a g1 mixmaster, g2 Hook and a G1 prowl. optimash prime up in the right hand corner

Need to complete bruticus there I know haha

thanks all and hope to become a familiar around here

welcome dude!

no collection is ever too small

yeapp...a small collection is where we all start from.
    great toys there!! welcome by the way...

Welcome! The best part about a small collection is you can actually play with it!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Are you sure your Hook is G2 or late G1 ("New Constructicons")? Because I can tell you now that your Scavenger is G1, not G2. The main differences between G1 "New" Hook and G2 Hook is that "New" Hook's hook is grey whereas G2 Hook's hook is yellow. New Hook also doesn't have the swivel-peg in front of the crane-operator's cabin around the mid-right section of the vehicle. It's the peg that connects Hook to Bonecrusher in the 1985 and G2 versions, but is absent in New Hook, since the New Constructicons don't form into Devastator. New Hook's purple is also darker than G2 Hook's.

Welcome. I love the Bruticus. Reminds me of my childhood Abominus! (:

[I can see from the pic that it's a
    "G1.5" Hook. The G2 Constructicons were never released in Australia, which was a shame since they were much better quality than the yellow ones we did receive.]

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

afaik the G1 New Constructicons count as "G1.5" as they were released in 1992 and not later repackaged/remarketed as G2 - that only occured with 1993 G1 TFs (Obliterators, Lightformers, Trakkons)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Are you sure your Hook is G2 or late G1 ("New Constructicons")? Because I can tell you now that your Scavenger is G1, not G2. The main differences between G1 "New" Hook and G2 Hook is that "New" Hook's hook is grey whereas G2 Hook's hook is yellow. New Hook also doesn't have the swivel-peg in front of the crane-operator's cabin around the mid-right section of the vehicle. It's the peg that connects Hook to Bonecrusher in the 1985 and G2 versions, but is absent in New Hook, since the New Constructicons don't form into Devastator. New Hook's purple is also darker than G2 Hook's.
    Upon examining what you said I guess my Contructicons are G1, Hook's hook is grey, however i am missing the tangly hook bit.

Is there any resource where I can read about these different Contructicons? Definitely looking to complete this yellow devastator

But looking at this Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G2-...QQcmdZViewItem

My scavenger and hook look exactly the same with the grey areas, are they not G2?

The figures say HASBRO 1980. 1984

Those are the New Constructicons, which came out in 1992 and are G1, not G2. The seller doesn't know what he's talking about.

Here is an auction for G2 Constructicons - note the lack of grey parts.

Thanks for the update, guess G1 Devastator doesn't only have to be green

Seems your a master transformers analyst around here GoktimusPrime