Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Would they be the same 2 members that also wrote all the original stuff?
    Who, Ozzy and Iommi?

At the end of the day, isn't it just good that a bunch of old mates are getting back together again after such a long time and doing something that a very large amount of people will enjoy?
    It's all very possible that this was a dying request of Ronnie's; whilst he was never my preferred frontman of Sabbath, I loved Heaven & Hell's: The Devil You May Know and everything I have seen of Dio in an interview points to him being the sort of person and character who could make such a request, especially of Tony and Geezer.

Not everyone can be pleased though I guess, all I know is that I'm frothing at the maw with anticipation for these new efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Who, Ozzy and Iommi?

At the end of the day, isn't it just good that a bunch of old mates are getting back together again after such a long time and doing something that a very large amount of people will enjoy?
    It's all very possible that this was a dying request of Ronnie's; whilst he was never my preferred frontman of Sabbath, I loved Heaven & Hell's: The Devil You May Know and everything I have seen of Dio in an interview points to him being the sort of person and character who could make such a request, especially of Tony and Geezer.

Not everyone can be pleased though I guess, all I know is that I'm frothing at the maw with anticipation for these new efforts.
    I'm not upset or anything...just a bunch of 'meh'.
    It just screams of money grab to me. Especially when the 'Digital Bitch' is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I'm not upset or anything...just a bunch of 'meh'.
    It just screams of money grab to me. Especially when the 'Digital Bitch' is involved.
    Hmm, I dunno - Nothing has been made mention of Sharon as of yet and I'd be very impressed to see if she could convince Tony, Geezer and Bill to reunite purely for money's sake; I'm of the inclination that they as a Quartet have all just figured that the timing is right and that they're not getting any younger, they'd really like to give it a shot purely out of the enjoyment of each other's company and the major fact that fans have been wanting this for the better part of 30 odd years.

Honestly, sure, whilst Ozzy isn't the greatest vocalist and Sabbath have been round the block, I'd still prefer this over the mountain of generically boring New Wave of American crap that is pumping out at the moment; but then I'm rather finicky when it comes to my Metal tastes - Just ask 1AZRAEL1 how ridiculous I am about Dio-fronted Black Sabbath and Heaven & Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Honestly, sure, whilst Ozzy isn't the greatest vocalist and Sabbath have been round the block, I'd still prefer this over the mountain of generically boring New Wave of American crap that is pumping out at the moment; but then I'm rather finicky when it comes to my Metal tastes - Just ask 1AZRAEL1 how ridiculous I am about Dio-fronted Black Sabbath and Heaven & Hell.
    I'm 100% with you on this though.

All I know is, I will be there if I have to sell my soul lol. Yes I did introduce Hursty to the darkside of music, but I don't see him complaining lol. I love alot of the old music, I'm not narrow in my music tastes. Sabbath was one of the originators of what we call Heavy Metal, and Iommi wrote some of the most memorable riffs, to me, in music history.

Hey metalheads, recently I've been trying to find some new metal to listen to but can't find many bands that suit my tastes. I'm a fan of metal with vocals that aren't so screamo/hardcore, more gravelly and masculine vocals like 5FDP, Metallica etc. and they can sing songs with the emotional/dramatic kick to them, ala 'Now I lay thee Down' by Machine Head, 'Never Enough' by 5FDP.

Bands I currently know are mainly 5FDP, Machine Head, Tool, Revis, Metallica, 3 DAys Grace (yes I know their new songs suck!), Mudvayne.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

- Skywarp

Pantera, from 1990 - 1994.
    Sepultura, from 1989 to 1996.
    Devin Townsend.

@Skywarp: Demonac's got a pretty good list going there, I'd maybe add (With some 'Darker?' and more 'Sung' vocal examples from each ):

These are just a couple of examples of each band (Please excuse the Youtube Quality though ) and each has a number more records and songs; so I'd encourage you Skywarp, or anyone else for that matter, to just have a look around the libraries of each. One of the best things I've learnt about Metal is that there is such a huge variety of sounds out there, with many bands executing differing styles from one album to the next, which makes Exploring Metal one of the most engaging and fun aspects of the Genre.

One more group I might suggest for you is Disturbed and their albums: The Sickness (2000) and Indestructible (2008), they're my 2 favourites from this band and I recommend them to those who aren't necessarily a regular Heavy Rock/Metal fan, who's looking for a less 'stereotypical ' Metal sound.
    (It annoys me to no end those who simply write off Metal as just screaming devil worshippers, it's such a narrow view on an incredibly broad and varied genre ; to them I say go and watch this )

Speaking of Sabbath a few days ago...who here has heard of a Canadian band 'Sheavy'?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Bands I currently know are mainly 5FDP, Machine Head, Tool, Revis, Metallica, 3 DAys Grace (yes I know their new songs suck!), Mudvayne.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

- Skywarp
    One of us, one of us I must say you have impeccable taste in music

May I suggest Machine Heads new album 'Unto the Locust'. I haven't been able to remove it from my CD player for weeks now. It's just so awesome!

Also check out Nothingface you WON'T regret it. Start with their album Violence. Trust me on this one.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]