Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: January's stuff

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

@Tallestblue : G2 prime really needs his trailer upgrade he looks puny srtill next to Galvy heheheh....
    That is with the upgrade! but I love the size disparity, Even City commander and Protector look tiny next to this monster!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Massive haul HD, erm are you planning on making a warehouse full of Goodbye Convoys? I see you went for the 3rd party Accessories for Devastator... thoughts? (prolly just pm it to me as it is 3rd party)

Oooooh Metalhawk!!
    It's supposed to be "goodbye", but I just can't let Prime go - hence goodbye convoys #3 and #4....

Devy parts are bad, let's talk in the basement...

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    Well I did not buy it as such but my gf bought me my first third party item the trailer for my rts prime! I love it it's so damn awesome, now I want to get a grimlock so I can make him do the pose in the g2 comics in the first issue, I still have that comic from when I was a kid, bought it at a garage sale lol. But know I have to get a grimlock to do that pose, can any one tell me if they have released a more modern day grimlock?
    There's been a few modern Grimlocks.

There's been a Masterpiece one, a Classics one (which is closer to the Pretender Grimlock than the original form), there was an Energon one in a 2pack with Swoop, and Animated Grimlock (stylistically wouldn't really fit that well, your mileage may vary).

So there are options.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Congrats on the heap of literature dude, you must have quite an extensive library from the sounds of things.
    You don't want to see his library really...it's like all over your face and what you see is not even 1/3 of what there is...

I've got the US Classics Vol 2 and the 1st issue of MTMTE and that's it for the month...I'm struggling to find decent space for my tiny collection in my tiny apartment and I'm struggling to save for my tiny surgery with my tiny income Kinda why I didn't visit this thread as much as I should coz it eats me from inside to see all you people posting your amazing abundant aquisitions...

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    What do you call reasonable
    Second that question..

jazzy_josh: I'd recommend either Classics Grimlock or Masterpiece Grimlock. I wouldn't recommend Energon Grimlock at all... stylism aside, it's a seriously craptastic toy. I personally find Animated Grimlock to be fairly pedestrian... and as Cat said, just doesn't aesthetically fit with Classicsverse.

There are some different versions of Classics and MP Grimlock - but the ones that were released in Australia (and thus should be the cheapest to get I imagine) are Classics and Hasbro's Masterpiece Grimlock. Other possibly more expensive versions are Henkei Grimlock (same mould as Classics Grimlock but some bits of it are chromed) and two different TakaraTOMY MP Grimlocks - different decos and accessories.

If you're gunning for Masterpiece Grimlock, then here's my advice:
    + Hasbro version: recommended if you want a toy in more toy-accurate colours, also the same colours used in the UK Marvel comics. Comes with the King Grimlock crown seen in the G1 Marvel comics.
    + TakaraTOMY version, regular retail: recommended if you want a MP Grimlock that looks more like the cartoon - toy comes with the 'brain scanner' and 'waiter' accessories that Grimlock used in Season 3.
    + TakaraTOMY version, limited exclusive: recommended if you want a US Marvel comic-accurate looking version - colours of the toy based on the way Grimlock was coloured by Nel Yomtov. Comes with the King Grimlock crown.

All the MP Grimlocks have an LED gimmick which allows his sword to light up in robot mode and the eyes can change colour between blue and red in dino or robot mode (so you can have toy/comic accurate red eyes or cartoon-like blue eyes). But be aware that MP Grimlock has the most simplistic engineering out there for a Masterpiece Transformer, and yet this toy was never cheap, even when it first came out. I'd recommend checking out someone else's MP Grimlock IRL for yourself before splashing out money on this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    You don't want to see his library really...it's like all over your face and what you see is not even 1/3 of what there is...
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    I've got the US Classics Vol 2 and the 1st issue of MTMTE and that's it for the month...I'm struggling to find decent space for my tiny collection in my tiny apartment and I'm struggling to save for my tiny surgery with my tiny income Kinda why I didn't visit this thread as much as I should coz it eats me from inside to see all you people posting your amazing abundant aquisitions...
    I'm amazed that people can even still post acquisition posts in the past few months considering how FEW new toy releases we've had in stores since Dark of the Moon came out! I'd post acquisitions on this thread more often if freakin' Hasbro released more stuff!

A nice surprise on returning to Sydney - mostly stuff I ordered from December

Been working in Melbourne for the past year and have been sending all online purchases home. Binge-unboxing rocks

Woke up needing to go the the post office only to find my lady went for me & picked up the Universe Insecticons I got off Tropisetron. They will make go well on my G1 Decepticon shelf but i forgot how small they are! They were huge in my 6-7 year old hands.

BTW HD I think you need more Goodbye Convoy's. Surely you need one in the laundry & one in the bathroom as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Oh, and Sutton who makes those G1 heads for the Universe Combaticons?
    Onslaught's is a straight G1 Onslaught head. I've left it so it detaches and hides in the cabin headmaster-style so it's not visible in vehicle mode.

Brawl's is from PCC Heavytread, I was initially going to try the mod to turn him into a leg, but it makes Bruticus' knee look a little funny - I decided the combined form takes precedence over the individual bots.

Vortex's is custom-molded from an old Energon Duststorm, resculpted and with a visor added - not 100% happy with it but it'll do until I find a better replacement, which is tricky because it needs to be quite small. I also unscrewed the cockpit which now attaches to his back in robot mode - no clips, just held in place by friction over the spark crystal thingy - and painted the chest purple to make him more passable.

I think there's a guy on TFW who was making custom G1 heads for these guys at one point.

Good to know.
    And while I've been having fun with lots of Transformers from time gone by I've made my first modern puchase in quite a while. Toys R Us exclusive Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. A very nice toy and a respectable shout out to Hot Rod in G1 toy colours and honestly not nearly as fiddly as I was expecting. the sale price just made it impossible to pass up.
    Now, Rodimus doesn't impress me as much as MPO4 or Grimlock but the real reason to buy this toy is clearly Offshoot. I realise people didn't like Takara's trailer for the Space Winnebago mode but I'm a little annoyed it's not included here. BUT Offshoot more than makes up for that. He's an amazing little guy. An excellent G1 Targetmaster representation with great articulation and tons of personality in the little guy. If you've been of two minds wether or not to pick up Roddy at Toys R Us now is the time to do it. Go on! Go! Get him!