Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron or Primus

Default Unicron or Primus

Hey guys,

Thinking about adding a big ass TF to my collection since I've only been getting deluxe and voyager sized toys thus far,

I was thinking either Unicron or Primus, so for those of you that have them, which one makes a better display item?

I've never actually played around with one and was curious how much articulation they have?

The last 'big' TF toy I had was G1 Metroplex back when I was a kid... and that guy was a brick... not really poseable at all.

I know design has come a long way since then, but was curious whether due to their size, these guys can still be made to 'pose'?

Get both.....

Unicron is a better robot, Primus a better Planet....

BOTH. they both have merits articulation wise. Size wise, Unicron is slightly bigger than Primus. Toy detailing wise, both have wonderful detailings, Unicron has them plating details while Primus has them mini cities of cybertron all about. For Unicron you have to pick whether you prefer the Ornage or Black one. Personally I prefer (have) the Black making him look more of a sinister dark lord of chaos.
    Alt mode wise, Unicron dwarfs Primus again. But Primus is a very good planet sphere shape, Unicron is like an eggnog biscuit, round on top and flat below, when you have to display him ythe top round part is the front anyways, oh and you really need to get a stand for him otherwise his ring gets in the way. Primus has his own 4 spires which serves as a stand.

I say both coz even though both have something lacking, both have their own merits and would look great displayed in VS mode. Also you better hurry coz Primus is dissapearing fast since he hasnt been reissued since his release during the TF Cybertron era, Unicron has been re-released ( in his Orange Armada version) but still is hard to find since it was an exclusive to some store (not sure if its TRU) thereby limiting its presence.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I say both also, but if you had to choose, I would say Unicron.

Primus is a better toy as he isn't a big shellformer like Unicron is, and his planet mode is a lot better. But to be fair, HasTak had more creative freedom with Primus; only his planet mode is based on a pre-existing design from G1 (planet Cybertron) - since Cybertron never transformed into Primus in G1 or any other pre-Cybertron canon, HasTak just created a new robot mode for Cybertron Primus. However Unicron of course has had a long history in Transformers; both his planet and robot mode are iconic and widely known amongst fans, and HasTak had to try to engineer a toy that would transform between these two modes and try to maintain visual fidelity. And on top of that build in Mini-Con activated gimmicks (since he is an Armada toy after all). Considering all that I think Unicron is well designed and in that context on par with Primus.

If you just want a big Transformer that's well engineered then go for Primus. From a G1 (or Armada) fan's POV you might consider Unicron. If you want a really BIG Transformer, then go for any Transformer whose name ends with "Maximus." ('cept Juniors :P)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 16th August 2009 at 09:07 AM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Unicron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Unicron.
    primus

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Unicron.
    primus
    Unicron
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Unicron.
    primus
    Unicron
    PRIMUS TO INFINITY
    win

I suppose for me, Unicron probably stands out more since who could forget his appearance in the TF movie... devouring everything in his path!

Having said that though, I thought I would I would ask the question as I didn't want to get one of these big guys and be stuck with something that was too 'G1' (as in being unable to be posed, etc).

Yeah I agree that Primus looks better in his alt mode, but I think Unicron looks more sensational in robot mode.

Getting both of them may (not) be an option, since they're massive and take up a lot of shelf space (thanks liegeprime for the pic showing their comparative sizes versus voyager and deluxe sized guys!)

Availability here in Oz is also a crucial factor since the thought of paying postage costs to get one into the country is not all that appealing.

Goktimus, as for _______ Maximus, well unless they re-release him in a new mold, it really doesn't do anything for me since after all, he's exactly the opposite of everything I'm looking for when it comes to adding one of the 'big guys' to my collection.