Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

Maybe it's his way of saying "I"m a leg, not an arm!!!"

And klystron, I think I have an astrotrain to junk too.... Had broken metal train parts, so legs should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

And klystron, I think I have an astrotrain to junk too.... Had broken metal train parts, so legs should be fine
    Sorry Griffin, but I agree with Krayt. I think Primus is punishing you for not using Sinnertwin as a leg.

@Krayt - post a photo (see Toy Scout thread) and let me know what you'd like for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    What are junkers for these guys worth :S I might have one somewhere.
    I honestly have no idea. Guess it depends on actual condition...
    Post a pic if you like.

I got a "Toy Scout" thread so we dont hijack this one.
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=19601

Cheers guys.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I was too lazy to get up and look for an image of Abominus... and the "official" placing of the limbs wasn't as obvious or memorable as the earlier combiners, so I just picked parts and turned them into limbs.
    If I did look at the Generations book, I probably would have gone by that format and Sinnertwin would have been a leg.
    But then, it shouldn't break just from moving the head... and now I and others know that it must be a high-risk toy like gold plastic toys.

I'm onto my 3rd sinnertwin.
    I wasn't taking any chances with it, so I opened it up and sanded the sides so it doesn't exert as much pressure.

How strange? Is that blue plastic more brittle than most other non-gold plastics used in G1 TFs?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    How strange? Is that blue plastic more brittle than most other non-gold plastics used in G1 TFs?
    i think it's more of a design flaw in the chest rather than a plastic issue.

The gun post on my first one broke without any force, so I think the plastic is more brittle than others due to the colour additive... like most gold colour additives.

I remember Christmas many years ago I got my Silverbolt to complete Superion. Was so happy. My cousin arrived for Christmas lunch, grabbed my Silverbolt and broke his leg off.

Was so pissed when Mum and Dad did nothing. They were pissed when I confronted my Aunt and Uncle myself. Apparently the way I said it the family were expecting a horse head to appear in a bed.

I really liked the Aerialbots.

I dug out my Gen1 Dragstrip for a photo-shoot with the new Generations Dragstrip, and found that one side of it was darker like it had been sun-damaged... and so was inside the driver's seat, which is covered by the engine in robot mode. Since my Dragstrip has been in robot mode and in the dark for over ten years (and I'd have no idea if it was ever on display in car mode before that for any lengthy period of time, let alone where the Sun could hit it), it makes me think that it might not take much sun exposure... and can take many years before the colour starts changing.

Like a ticking time-bomb that you can't prevent, and maybe like skin damage, in that it is said that the damage happens when you are a kid before you know or try to protect your skin, and no matter how much you look after it later, the damage has been done... and melanomas can pop up at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I dug out my Gen1 Dragstrip for a photo-shoot with the new Generations Dragstrip, and found that one side of it was darker like it had been sun-damaged... and so was inside the driver's seat, which is covered by the engine in robot mode. Since my Dragstrip has been in robot mode and in the dark for over ten years (and I'd have no idea if it was ever on display in car mode before that for any lengthy period of time, let alone where the Sun could hit it), it makes me think that it might not take much sun exposure... and can take many years before the colour starts changing.

Like a ticking time-bomb that you can't prevent, and maybe like skin damage, in that it is said that the damage happens when you are a kid before you know or try to protect your skin, and no matter how much you look after it later, the damage has been done... and melanomas can pop up at any time.
    This always makes me sad, knowing that at some point my figures one way or another will probably start to discolor --- I have 2 G1 Grooves, both have pretty much been next to each other their whole life. Yet somehow one of them is still white and the other one is yellow. It makes no sense.