Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Argh! So this happened the other day.
    Broken peg off Skywarp's wing.
    I quite like combiners. And I quite like Beast Wars. So its fair to say that I'm quite fond of my Beast Wars combiners. Poor Magnaboss' arm section can't be formed properly.
    Starting the hunt for a junker Skywarp/Silverbolt to fix this...

Same thing happened to mine

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I got a BW2 Magnaboss last year. Almost out of the package the attachment connecting the eagle head to the yellow hinge snapped. I managed to fix it, but needless to say I now treat Skywarp as though he's made of silk. It's a shame because Silverbolt was one of my favourite toys to play with back in the day and I was so happy to pick up this version for quite a good price. I guess I can only hope Hasbro relents on the Geewunniness of Combiner Wars and gives us a Magnaboss remake (Cybertron mode, maybe?).

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I am pretty sure it's GPS.

The Construct-Bots clip that was mentioned a little while back. Theses symbol ones are hard to remove with little to grab onto, and when they do come off, some are so tight that they break or stress.

And this is the Rescue Bots mini-dino Heatwave, who is supposed to be an auto-transforming toy (robot legs and arms move at the same time). I got it while I was in America, but since I've been back, someone has managed to misalign the internal cogs, preventing the legs from swinging down when folding open the robot arms (dino head). I can't get the cogs to reset, and it can't be opened up. I've had several people (including kids) playing with it since I got back, so have no idea who might have done it, to ask how easily it happens (to see if it is a design flaw, or they forced it). So be careful with this one if you get it... follow the instructions and don't force something that should be automatically moving.

Heatwave noooo! I hope it was misaligned before I touched it

I guess he does not have screws if you can't open him up but he's cheap enough that I would practise using heat to get the pins out if I were local.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yet another Construct-Bots clip broken from its first unclipping (required to transform Beast Hunters Shockwave).

I'm surprised these have made it to a third series, as I can't imagine kids liking these too much because you need a fair bit of force on some of the clips (like the allegiance symbols), and the first clip that breaks would either put you off wanting any more, or have your mum not buy any more thinking that you broke your toy.

I dropped my Alternator Shockwave a few days ago. Was giving him a dust with a brush whilst holding his arm. He decided to leave his arm in my hand and fall to the ground from a substantial height, and bits came off him and I screamed lol. Thankfully it was just a door panel that could pop back on.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Construct-Bots clip that was mentioned a little while back. Theses symbol ones are hard to remove with little to grab onto, and when they do come off, some are so tight that they break or stress.

And this is the Rescue Bots mini-dino Heatwave, who is supposed to be an auto-transforming toy (robot legs and arms move at the same time). I got it while I was in America, but since I've been back, someone has managed to misalign the internal cogs, preventing the legs from swinging down when folding open the robot arms (dino head). I can't get the cogs to reset, and it can't be opened up. I've had several people (including kids) playing with it since I got back, so have no idea who might have done it, to ask how easily it happens (to see if it is a design flaw, or they forced it). So be careful with this one if you get it... follow the instructions and don't force something that should be automatically moving.
    Same thing happened with my son's one😡😡😡

It took me 4 weekends but my collection is packed up ready to move. A couple fell through my fingers only to be caught again before hitting the ground.

I'm sure a couple of boxes or figures will suffer battle damage on their journey to their new home

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    I'm sure a couple of boxes or figures will suffer battle damage on their journey to their new home
    Here's to a hassle free move.
    I just took a chunk of cardboard out of my TrU reissue Prime box with my nail. Damn