Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lego Decisions - Help!

Default Lego Decisions - Help!

Hey everyone.
    Other than Warhammer 40k, the only other hobby I have is Lego Star Wars, as I am selling my Transformers and Star Wars as I feel I get more satisfaction out of Lego, but that is getting off track.

I am trying to army build Clone Troopera and Battle Droids, and too a lesser extent the Empire, and I need some help in where to go next.

So I'm here asking for your opinions. If you want too I guess you can post your own needa as well.

Anyway so I'm limited to about $100.

Option 1) Save a bit more money to buy the new Turbo Tank coming in the Summer Wave later this year. Pros: Helps build Clone Army, awesome Commander Gree and Quinlan Vos minifigs and comes with two awesome Republic vehicle and two Battle Droids for my Seperatist army. Cons: Expensive, have too wait for it to be released

Option 2) $70 + Shipping 2016 Homing Spider Droid Set Pros: Droids and Clones, Yoda Minifig, Two large Seperatist Vehicles Cons: Only Available through the Lego Shop

Option 3) $88 + Shipping 2015 Hailfire Droid and One Geonosis Trooper and One Senate Commando Battle Pack. Pros: Lots of Clones, A few droids and a Droid build. Cons Hailfire Droid is apparently not as good as the last one, lots of Stud Shooters , from the Lego Shop

or

Option 4) $70 + Shipping Battle Droid Carrier Pros LOTS OF BATTLE DROIDS!!!! Cons Ok Build, nothing special, Gungan Warrior minifig doesn't really have a place in my collection, again, Lego Shop.

Help guys! I'm pretty torn between Options 1 and 3 ATM.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

well option 1 is the only one that includes a tank so I would say go for that also quinlan vos is really interesting in the comics so a figure of him would be nice

Focusing purely on troop building my vote would go to Option 4) $70 + Shipping Battle Droid Carrier. You can never have too many battle droids. Seriously.

If you want the character minifigs go for option 1, turbo tank. You'll have plenty of opportunities to pick up a Yoda minifig in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Focusing purely on troop building my vote would go to Option 4) $70 + Shipping Battle Droid Carrier. You can never have too many battle droids. Seriously.

If you want the character minifigs go for option 1, turbo tank. You'll have plenty of opportunities to pick up a Yoda minifig in future.
    This.

Plus if you wait until Wednesday, toys r us (who have the droid carrier as an exclusive) are having a buy one get one half price sale. Could get two for $105 or find another set that tickles your fancy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I think you need to include the cost of shipping in your estimates there to make a fairer comparison.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Option 2 3 and 4 are all $30 Shipping.

Option 1 I will presumably pick up locally.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I'd say one if you don't mind some non army builder figures or four if you get the buy one get one 1/2 price at Toys R Us and care more about amount of troops vs vehicles. 3 is alright but 2, despite having Yoda, sounds too expensive for what you are getting.

You could get some mini-figures off Bricklink
    http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=sw001c#T=S&O={}
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList...&catLike=W&v=1
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    You could get some mini-figures off Bricklink
    http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=sw001c#T=S&O={}
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList...&catLike=W&v=1
    Can get expensive though as you typically have to buy the minifigures without accessories (such as guns and armour) which may result in buying off multiple sellers to properly equip your trooper.

Not to say it's impossible to pull off economically though. You have to do a bit of work.

Another alternative is to try and win some of the themed minifigure lots off ebay. The minifigures in those lots are often bundled with a bunch of accessories.

My brother does a lot of army building for his LOTR huge scene he has created, he says that some of his best bulk mini figure buys have come from sellers from the US on e-bay (of all places )
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)