Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 253540414243444546474849505565 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

I am thinking of selling my MOTUC Mekaneck. The more I look at him, the more I dislike how it turned out.

Mekaneck did not transfer very well between the 4H and Mattel. Mattel seems to have wanted to get creative with the face and it now looks awkward and awful with a very thin nose and the helm goggles don't properly align with what would be the eyes.

Another fail.

If anyone wants it, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Soo i turns out I ordered two Cy-chops by mistake...would anyone be interested in it?
    Hey TB - I am potentially interested - let me know how much you want for him or if there is anything here you would like to trade him for.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Grrrr...

I realise this is a MOTUC thread, so I apologise for what I'm about to post because it's Ghostbuster related. But the fact of the matter is, it's indicative of Mattel's behaviour and what they may ultimately do with MOTUC anyway...

The short of it is, when the Ghostbusters Sub was cancelled (remember, unlike MOTUC or DCUC, we never got a chance to save the line... no thermometers, etc...) Scott/Mattel promised we would still pay the Sub prices for the 2012 figures... $20. Well, that lasted... not very long, because the first figure was listed at $22. So, after some grumblings from fans and the usual BS responses from Scott about production costs, blah, blah, blah, we all moved on and dealt with it.

Scott then promises a "Thank You" gift, which we don't hear anything about for nearly another 6 months (even after repeated ignored questions). Finally, the gift is announced as "being shipped in October"... well, here we are on the 7th of November, and STILL no mention of the gift (a GITD Slimer... Ooooo, wow ).

And to top it off, the final figure on sale this month - Courtroom Ray - is now listed at $25!! Now, this figure has the wrong outfit colours from the movie, and the new Scoleri brother ghost he comes with doesn't match the first one in colour... this is the main reason people will be buying it - to complete the set. Pretty cool, huh? Talk about "high-end collectibles". And I know what you're thinking... Didn't Scott promise they would be $20, but here they are at $25??! Scott's answer to this, again, is low production numbers mean higher costs. All I can say is, we'd better not see any of these things in a clearance sale!

Here's the final kicker, on the Matty forums, several threads have been started about how unfair this is. There were polls and threads calling for accountability to Matty/Scott's BS! Guess what.... they were either closed or deleted! Hmmm... sound like another forum we know? One of the Mods at Matty actually wrote "this thread is just a place for a lot of Matty hate" which is why it was closed. Um... if the truth hurts, I guess we'll just hide it or get rid of it, so people can't see how cr@p we are at dealing with our customers!

So, Mattel break promises, Scott acts like a jerk, and the Mods try and hide it and pretend everything's rosie... Ladies and Gentlemen - Welcome to Mattycollector!

It's not just GB fans who are angry. Ask any BTTF fan what they think about the lies/deception over the Hoverboard! DCUC fans have their issues too, as do MOTUC fans (although, these seem to be the only ones that gets any air time). That's partly why I'm posting this here! I'm assuming many of you aren't GB collectors, so you may be totally unaware how much we've been screwed by Matty this year. It's all gone unnoticed, and I think people need to know, because ultimately you can see what a business is really like, not by the way they threat their most important customers, but by how they treat their lowliest of customers.

MOTUC's turn will come soon. And many will be shocked that Mattel will leave everyone hung out to dry! Some of us will have experienced it before

Hopefully Mattel will be bought of by Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I'm assuming many of you aren't GB collectors, so you may be totally unaware how much we've been screwed by Matty this year. It's all gone unnoticed, and I think people need to know, because ultimately you can see what a business is really like, not by the way they threat their most important customers, but by how they treat their lowliest of customers.

MOTUC's turn will come soon.
    I thought we all thought they'd been screwing us over for years. The biggest issue with the Castle Grayskull preorder is that even though it could be great, we know that it could be another Goddess/Hiss/Stinkor/Roboto/Photog/etcetera mistake and not even worth the cost of shipping. I thought I might cave, but no - I don't think Mattel has put any effort into selling this product to me and they don't deserve that much of my money for something that's mostly just going to take up space. I bought a Fortress Maximus instead.

Sorry for my rant but I'm just really angry about the whole thing. It sux to be a Multiple Matty customer... I get screwed several times by them in different toylines And yes, since I posted above, another thread was deleted from the forums and a new one replaced it... the "Positive" thread can you believe it??! Anyway, we've been told not to criticize Matty too much so I'm done with that forum. Still can't believe people don't have an issues with being outright lied to. I swear, i think some of those posters are Mattel employees!

Anyway, back to MOTUC... The CG Thermometer is close, but not so close that it's a certainty! What's the bet we have a "miraculous" surge of CG sales in the next 24 hours... (like some of us have already scripted predicted) or do you think CG won't get made at all?

Chances are that they reached their minimum ages ago and they are just holding the thermometer below par so they can squeeze out more sales from the desperate that have already ordered and want the castle to be made.

We know that they are that dodgy.

Oh, totally! That's pretty much what I was saying by "miraculously" getting there at the eleventh hour (just like we always do! ). We never reach the required goals before the deadline, so yeah I think it's total bs too. Hmmm... maybe I should post on the Org that I just ordered 25 of them

But, really, I'm just curious if anyone believes this thing won't get made..? I guess there's always a chance.

If/when it does go through, I'd like to see Toy #$%* explain his way out of why we can't do a similar preorder for a Battle Ram/Sky Sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If/when it does go through, I'd like to see Toy #$%* explain his way out of why we can't do a similar preorder for a Battle Ram/Sky Sled.
    He will give you one of his 'Copy&Paste' responses. The reality clearly is that if he doesn't want it or care for it, it doesn't go forward at all.