Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TF4 Movie promotions around the world - random & minor ones

Default TF4 Movie promotions around the world - random & minor ones

Now that quite a few promotional displays and cross-promotions are popping up that aren't significant news on their own (and clogging up this section), I figured an all-in topic might be worth doing for the few who might be curious.

In Texas, the whole side of a 13 storey carparking building is one big movie poster, of Lockdown and his ship.
    Not the biggest promotional poster for Transformers, as I remember there being a few for the each movie that covered the sides of 20-30 storey buildings (including this one I took in 2009 in LA)
    (this is why the marketing campaigns of big-budget movies these days sometimes cost as much as the movie itself)

Speaking of big, these TF3 statues in China look to be about 6-storeys tall. Not sure if it is for something official, as they are TF3 figures... or maybe they took so long to build, they didn't know what the fourth movie figures would look like.

And this 3-D (flat layered) display outside of Paramount Studios in Hollywood, of Optimus riding Grimlock.

Images of pre-paid tickets in Japan... which must be how they can buy movie tickets at convenience stores (for the Lawsons exclusive Gen1 Grimlock).
    They make for a nice souvenir, than a small paper ticket, or exclusive-deco popcorn bucket.

There have already been found a number of cinema souvenirs in America coming for the TF4 movie, so expect some things here like fancy cups or popcorn buckets too.

First of the TF4 toy commercials have been found on youtube from Poland... so the narration is in Polish.
    Fun to watch, at least until we get an English version.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    First of the TF4 toy commercials have been found on youtube from Poland... so the narration is in Polish.
    Fun to watch, at least until we get an English version.
    Reminds me very much of some late 80's commercials

Promotions with Oreo cookies and Frito-Lay chips... which might show up here if there aren't any related competitions on the products.

A midnight launch of the toyline in Singapore at ToysRUs (May 16), shows off some of the special stuff on offer, and mentions some of the activities planned.

They will be selling the (as yet unknown) TRU exclusive Platinum 2-pack of Optimus & Grimlock, with a limited number of bonus goodie bags if you buy it at the promotion, that includes movie tickets, poster and a pair of metallic figurines (Gen1 & Movie Optimus)

Plus, the person with a TRU Star Card who spends the most that night will win a golden Leader Class Optimus toy (which is likely to go to a toy dealer, who would have the resources to "outbid" private collectors just to secure a toy that could easily fetch a couple thousand dollars on ebay).

be the first to own the figures from the TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION movie. Fans can also revel in fun-filled activities such as putting their skills to the test in a race against fellow fans to convert TRANSFORMERS figurines; and have their photos taken with their favourite Transformers characters. What’s more, the top spender of the night will win a Gold-Chrome Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Leader (with display case), limited to Toys’R’Us Star Card members only.

The Transformers 4 Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Grimlock, available only at Toys’R’Us, will be launched at this event. Fans who purchase this item during the event will stand a chance to receive a pair of TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION movie tickets, a Transformers paper bag and movie poster, along with Miniature 2-inch Optimus Prime Then & Now metal figures.
    The link also mentions an App for people to roar into their phone to contribute decibels of noise to the target of a million, and if your recorded decibels is high enough, you get a freebie at the TRU event. (the store is the one that was next to the Hotel I was staying at in 2012).

(since the three major department stores here have broken the street date, I imagine that if anything was being planned here by TRU, it's not going to mean as much if it still goes ahead)

Default AOE Then & Now figures (TRU?)

I believe griffin has these listed as May TRU (AU?) exclusives, however, I just saw this over at TFormers.net: http://tformers.net/g/generated/2323...scaled_800.jpg (from the news article at: http://tformers.com/lion-city-roars-...3235/news.html) regarding the TRU Singapore event for AOE.

Looks like the Then & Now sets may be mini metal figures, according to the description and pictures. Since the "leaked" TRU images included photos of existing Takara MP Prowl, a custom Sunstorm, and hybrid-style Prime, I would assume they are all totally fake, and the Singapore details for "Then & Now" are probably accurate. Whether the regular versions are painted or what, I have no idea, but I thought it was interesting enough to post, and I hadn't heard anything else about it.

Unless its a Expo exclusive? TakaraTomy did tiny 2" metal figures for the previous movie, and sold them in gashapon lucky dip machines.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The two figurines are an exclusive of the Singapore midnight launch on the 16th. They may show up elsewhere, but are NOT from a "Then & Now" set.
    The Singapore promotion is just using the "Then & Now" label on those two figurines, because they are Gen1 & Movie styled figurines.
    (the actual Optimus Then & Now 2-pack is priced as being 2 Voyager Class toys)