View Poll Results: WFC Siege DLX Prowl - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • Only if...

2 15.38%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review- WFC Siege Deluxe Prowl

Default Toy Review- WFC Siege Deluxe Prowl

Series – War For Cybertron
    Sub-Line - Siege
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here – March 2019
    Approximate Retail Price - $35

Bought this guy today as a replacement for my honestly quite drab Combiner Wars Prowl. He was the one in this wave I was least excited for, though he ended up being easily the best in the wave.

Bot mode is spot on, basically a mini masterpiece (par for the course as of late). All the Prowl landmarks are there, with holes for shoulder cannons should you salvage some from later wave retools/redecos. The height difference is honestly neglible, and he fits no problem next to my other decently tall ‘84 bots and fits the aesthetic very well.

Alt mode is also fantastic. Although it is futuristic and Cybertronian with the windscreen design and wheels, it is otherwise pretty earthen and definitely evokes a more modern take on the Fairlady Z. Fits no problem with my earthen mode Autobots.

Transformation is very smooth and although simple, is really quite clever, especially with the chest. Joints are solid and articulation is satisfactory for what you’d expect Prowl to have.

Siege Prowl is the wildcard that threw me for a loop this wave. He is just really well done, and I am definitely excited for Bluestreak and Smokescreen, especially with the shoulder cannons. Easily the number 1 toy of this wave for me. Get this toy.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Agreed. I'm not sure his robot mode is 100% perfect, but it's not too bad and the alt mode is brilliant.

Grabbed him from toymate on a whim. Very glad I did because he is just immaculate.

Robot mode is a little thin in points but it is obviously Prowl in both modes. I also love the transparent tyres as well.

It has made me consider getting Ironhide and the others in this series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Alt mode is also fantastic. Although it is futuristic and Cybertronian with the windscreen design and wheels, it is otherwise pretty earthen and definitely evokes a more modern take on the Fairlady Z.
    Yeah, to me it looks more like a futuristic car than an alien one. It wouldn't surprise me if cars will really look like that in 50 years. Part of me wishes the text on the doors we're in English than in Cybertronian.

It's a pretty good modern interpretation of Prowl, and the basic gist of the transformation is similar to the G1 toy - particularly the way the waist rotates during transformation, the back bumper forming the feet, the placement of the doors in robot and alt-mode, etc.

EDIT: I've been transforming the figure back and forth this evening while watching video reviews of it. Not so much because I like the transformation, but mainly to check if I'm doing it right. When getting it into car mode, I can't seem to get the doors aligned so that the pegs plug easily into their respective holes. To get them to align, I had to resort to using force and squeezing the figure. I don't know if it's me or if there's a flaw in my copy. I've tried imitating several video reviewers when transforming it, but kept getting the same results. So far I've not noticed any stress marks or cracks, but I'm not going to further risk it (considering I paid $34 for it), and I've decided that Siege Prowl will remain in robot mode for the rest of its existence.

It looks amazing in both modes, but it does feel rather fragile considering that his legs between the knees and feet are sculpted entirely out of clear plastic.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 24th March 2019 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Added on some points. Didn't want to make another post.

Poll?

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Part of me wishes the text on the doors we're in English than in Cybertronian.
    It's Autobotese. But yes, I agree. That's how I feel about the text on Stakeout's doors, and that really looks more like a current day Earth car. Just put them in English. Or Japanese. Or Armenian. Some Earth language. Also, Barricade's writing is in Autobotese even though he's sporting a huge honking Decepticon insignia on his bonnet. I'd personally rather see Decepticonese writing on the doors and let him be a Decepticon Enforcer, but if he's meant to be disguised as an Autobot police officer then what's with having such a prominent Decepticon logo? Make the logo only visible in robot mode or make it really small and hard to notice on the vehicle mode (as with Bayformers Barricade).

I'm finding it amusing that in 2009 we were told that Hasbro couldn't make Animated Constructicon toys because they didn't want those toys to cross-compete with the ROTF Constructicons. Yet 10 years later we now have, within a single year, multiple police car Transformers; Siege Stakeout, Cyberverse Prowl (multiple classes), Siege Prowl and Siege Barricade (which could've been a G1 accurate race car, but no, let's make it a G1 inaccurate police car). Yeah, we can't have Animated Constructicons alongside ROTF Constructicons, but would you like some police cars to go with your police cars?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's Autobotese. But yes, I agree. That's how I feel about the text on Stakeout's doors, and that really looks more like a current day Earth car. Just put them in English. Or Japanese. Or Armenian. Some Earth language.
    Japanese on Prowl would be pretty appropriate, even if it's not faithful to the character, since Prowl was originally modelled after a Japanese police car. Would still love to see a Prowl with Japanese characters one day. Siege Prowl's alt-mode doesn't look that much different from his original toy, just more futuristic.

I'm sure reprolabels would someday release something to cater to people who prefer the English/Japanese over Autobotese. Question is, would they want to pay for stickers on top of what they paid for the figure.. Pretty expensive...

Would still love to see a Prowl with Japanese characters one day.
    Will this do? I guess Hasbro chose the Datsun Fairlady Z police car instead of the Super Tuning Lamborghini Countach police car because it has "POLICE" in English instead of Japanese. No need to redeco the toy for Hasbro's markets. Although of course MP Cordon is based on the Lamborghini police car with the Japanese writing on the doors.

BTW if you're wondering what a G1 Prowl toy might look like with Japanese text on it, then it might be something like this; although it has a different set of strobe lights plus it's regionally specific to the Kanagawa police dept (keeping Tetsuwan Convoy safe!).

I'm sure reprolabels would someday release something to cater to people who prefer the English/Japanese over Autobotese. Question is, would they want to pay for stickers on top of what they paid for the figure.. Pretty expensive...
    As you said, it'd be an expensive option. And we really shouldn't need to. Just label the toy in an Earth language and let Reprolabels print Cybertronian text labels for those who want it.

I received my Prowl yesterday, first impressions weren't great. His waist and thighs are just too tiny, he's really hollow from behind. The paint was flaking off the hinge on his back. Didn't like how his doors can't be angled up. Excess paint on his head I had to scrape off.

I don't know to me it feels like the quality has dropped off with siege from the initial wave of figures. I could put up with with the smaller scale, but the quality drop off has really soured my desire to buy more.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neomoz View Post
    I received my Prowl yesterday, first impressions weren't great. His waist and thighs are just too tiny, he's really hollow from behind. The paint was flaking off the hinge on his back. Didn't like how his doors can't be angled up. Excess paint on his head I had to scrape off.

I don't know to me it feels like the quality has dropped off with siege from the initial wave of figures. I could put up with with the smaller scale, but the quality drop off has really soured my desire to buy more.
    Yeah, while I like the overall idea of the figure and the way it accurately mimics the original G1 toy (good for people who always wanted one but can't find an affordable one in good condition), I think some of the design choices in this version of Prowl are iffy. The legs seem really fragile because the knees are quite thin and are basically made of clear plastic.

Also the quality control is lacking somewhat. I can't seem to transform my copy as easily as other peoples', and I suspect there might be a component that's slightly misshapen.

I like Prowls transformation, but I feel ripped off without missile launchers which are coming with bluestreak. I hope a 3rd party produces some to fix it.
    I would be happy paying more for Deluxes that were at least complete.

Also I hope reprolab labels do some highway patrol stickers for prowl in English
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!