Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New series of Generations toys coming this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    He looks nice being a repaint of a mold that was created before The Great Cheapening, but I worry for the future Generations toys. The FOC toys with their smaller stature, decreased paint aps (locally at least) and lower part count and complexity feel really lacking.
    I only have FOC Prime so far, but the worst thing about it is hands down the size. Really that's my only problem with it. I love the design, the transformations, the alt mode. It fits together to smoothly and looks fantastic. But it's tiny!

Also don't understand the massive missed opportunity to include the melee weapons from the game alongside the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Yeah, well established by people who think they're being clever and use it as a 'subtle' insult. Not saying everyone does or that it happens here, it's just been done enough to sour me on the use in general.

Funnily enough I do use Prime Ratchet as my Classics Ratchet--mostly because the Universe one was ugly as sin. But that's because I repurpose a lot of toys/am crazy (Cybertron Defense Hot Shot is now a G1 Hot Shot). But I know full well that he isn't my Ratchet he's the next gens Ratchet I stole. He's also a hard one because he's so inspired by the Animated Ratchet, I feel, who was, of course, very inspired by the G1 Ratchet as a grumpy man.

He's also one of the Quintet (Optimus, Bee, Ratchet, Starscream and Megs, IMO) so doesn't count.:P Although, Ratchet always had a big role in the comics, I never thought he was really an overly important/iconic character until the movie, and then suddenly he was everywhere.

The unknown one. But my view could be coloured because as a kid the only two 'big' characters I ever had were Optimus and Grimlock, every other Autobot and Decpticon were ones I'd had very little experience with. A side effect of growing up on the wrong side of G1/G2 and Beast Wars I guess lol

I don't want Hasbro to completely ignore G1, I just don't want them to focus on it to the exclusion of others.

So we're all agreed that Hasbro should share the love to all 'Generations' of the franchise then?:P
    Yes, we do all agree. Glad we could come to a compromise on that. Other series' are fine, just still have a lot of G1.
    I'm interested to where this year's line goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I only have FOC Prime so far, but the worst thing about it is hands down the size. Really that's my only problem with it. I love the design, the transformations, the alt mode. It fits together to smoothly and looks fantastic. But it's tiny!

Also don't understand the massive missed opportunity to include the melee weapons from the game alongside the guns.
    I actually think Shockwave is actually quite decently sized and is a good homage to boot. Prime is undersized,yes, but you (I at least) don't seem to notice the size on the others, seeing as the others such as Shockwave or Brawl are about that sized when compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Hope it's just IDW toys, that OP looks a lot like the current IDW OP
    Heck yes. Loving that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I actually think Shockwave is actually quite decently sized and is a good homage to boot. Prime is undersized,yes, but you (I at least) don't seem to notice the size on the others, seeing as the others such as Shockwave or Brawl are about that sized when compared to the others.
    I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.

And don't get me started on the Combaticons.

I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.

hmm you must have gotten a different foc shockwave to me as he fits in great on my classicverse decepticon shelf right next to scourge and i liked him that much i had to buy two one to keep sealed for ever and one to have on show.

Me personally, I just want the rest of the Dinobots released under the Classics/Universe line. We have Grimlock, now to have the rest of them released would just make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    Me personally, I just want the rest of the Dinobots released under the Classics/Universe line. We have Grimlock, now to have the rest of them released would just make my day.
    yea that would be great

Perhaps they overblew the Shockwave budget on DOTM Shockwave

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    Hopefully they will get past Swoop/Snarl this time around

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    hmm you must have gotten a different foc shockwave to me as he fits in great on my classicverse decepticon shelf right next to scourge and i liked him that much i had to buy two one to keep sealed for ever and one to have on show.
    Same. While he is a little on the small side, he still fits in quite well wit the rest of my classics Con shelf. He is actually the same size as the seeker mold:

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain