Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers Prime and War for Cybertron

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Toywise, I consider my "WFC" figures, which Hasbro markets as Generations, as part of Classicsverse.
    That's not a bad way to look at WFC. Just like Classics are regarded as Neo G1, WFC can be considered 'Pre-Neo G1.

The common assertion is that Hasbro shoe-horned the game in because it was popular, but the article I linked interviewing Archer and Matt Tieger showed that they made this decision quite some time before the hype train for WFC picked up steam.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    The common assertion is that Hasbro shoe-horned the game in because it was popular, but the article I linked interviewing Archer and Matt Tieger showed that they made this decision quite some time before the hype train for WFC picked up steam.
    Sorry, the game itself and the fiction I have seen/read tell me they are separate. You can quote me Archer () or Tieger (who has also repeatedly said that WFC is G1) all you like and I will still prefer to go by what WFC and TF:Prime tell me from their fiction than some Marketing driven Press release.
    Last edited by kup; 9th December 2010 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Sorry, the game itself and the fiction I have seen/read tell me they are separate. You can quote me Archer () or Tieger (who has also repeatedly said that WFC is G1) all you like and I will still prefer to go by what WFC and TF:Prime tell me from their fiction than some Marketing driven Press release.
    Like FFN said they're the same continuity family but separate stories. Like Marvel G1 and Sunbow Cartoon G1. Or Beast Wars TV show and IDW Beast Wars.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

WFC is Prime continuity just like how Optimus Primal is in RiD continuity, or how Beast Wars and Bayformers are the same continuity. To sell the latest product, no more.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Like FFN said they're the same continuity family but separate stories. Like Marvel G1 and Sunbow Cartoon G1. Or Beast Wars TV show and IDW Beast Wars.
    I don't even see them as part of the same so called 'continuity family'. IMO Prime is more fitting to belong in the 'Movie Continuity family' than WFC in Prime's.

Hasbro has made a big mess of this and since it's official and nothing can be done about it; best to ignore it and enjoy the individual 'fictions' for what they are since these 'official announcements' don't really impact the fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    WFC is Prime continuity just like how Optimus Primal is in RiD continuity, or how Beast Wars and Bayformers are the same continuity. To sell the latest product, no more.
    I say Prime Bumblebee should belong to the Animorphs continuity

Everyone may agree now that it makes no sense but wait until the next Hasbro press release...
    Last edited by kup; 9th December 2010 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I say Prime Bumblebee should belong to the Animorphs continuity

Everyone may agree now that it makes no sense but wait until the next Hasbro press release...
    I say Prime Bumblebee belongs in Armade continuity - so that there will be a bumblebee in that alt verse plus he fits right in with the minicons anyhow, they'd understand each other well, "beep, beep, poot, ting, boot, beep, pow, nanunanu"
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]