View Poll Results: JP LG-63 Gen2 Megatron & Noble - worth buying?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

1 33.33%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Not even interested

1 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - JP LG-63 Gen2 Megatron & Noble

Default Toy Review - JP LG-63 Gen2 Megatron & Noble

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Gen2 Megatron with Noble
    Series - Legends (Japan)
    Sub-line -
    Size/class - "Voyager" with Titanmaster vehicle
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of Hasbro Blitzwing and Fangry's vehicle
    Wave - n/a
    Released here - Not here (out in Japan FEB 28th)
    Approximate Retail Price - About 5500yen
    Approximate Size - about 20cm
    Allegiance - Decepticons
    Alt-mode - Fighter Jet/Tank (Megatron), dragon/wolf-monster (Noble)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Headmaster, triplechanger.
    Main Colours - purple/black/grey (Megatron), red/blue (Noble)
    Main Accessories - two-part cannon, head, Noble.

In a week's time, you shall be mine. Oh yes, you shall be mine

I guess they're trying to make reference to the red dragon Megatron with that head master add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I guess they're trying to make reference to the red dragon Megatron with that head master add-on.
    So many references in this one.

I'm pretty impressed with this guy. Once again, I didn't think I'd bother getting him because I'd get Blitzwing, but I' glad I did. The subtle differences, colouration and wing setup make him feel quite different from Blitzy.

The only mould differences between these two (as far as I've noticed up to now) are Megatron has a new face, chest, cannon piece and shoulder pylon things. I even find it interesting that the headmaster robot is the same as Blitzwing.

The mould is overall pretty good and the colours just look fantastic! The Noble add-on dude is cool, with a nice Beast Machines reference (Savage/Noble) and as pointed out about, perhaps a TM2 Megs as well.

Is he a must buy? nooot really. If you already have this mould, then no. If not, then yes. It is a great toy and I like having them both to be honest.

I really love the colours on him. I think I have 3 of this mould now, but they'll all be on different shelves anyway so all good for me

Mine arrived yesterday, and with it being packaged in tank mode... I can say that, with this being a homage to a toy that only turned into a tank, it makes this mould stand out even more for its really bad tank mode - something that wasn't as obvious with the two previous uses (Blitzwing and Megatron), because they weren't relying on just the tank mode as its primary homage.
    If it wasn't for the tank treads, I wouldn't have called it a tank... it just has way too much jet and robot kibble ruining the look of it. Especially since the Gen2 Megatron toys were very well done as tanks (the green one had no kibble, and the purple one just had the bellows bag (gimmick) at the back... the rest of the tank looked like a tank.

The robot mode works, and the Noble/Savage homage toy is a nice bonus, but the jet mode is redundant (as a homage), and the tank mode is so flawed, it doesn't make me think of the Gen2 Megatron toy in that mode.

Not a total disappointment to have me regretting buying it, but it didn't impress me as much as I was expecting it to when it was first being announced and revealed.