Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Favourite and scariest horror movies?

I first played Resident Evil at my cousin's place at 1am. Scared the bejeebus out of me!

Resident Evil 4 FTW!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

As a teenager saw The Blob and IT and both scared the crap outta me. Wouldn't say they were favs of mine though.

Arachnophobia was a pretty cool scary movie for its day, as was Aliens (don't think a lot of the other flicks in the series). The first Predator movie was pretty good too - loved them all freaking out and blasting the crap out of some trees for like two minutes

Game wise, alien isolation has scared me. Heck at the start of the game I was worried if there was an alien around there.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Game wise, alien isolation has scared me. Heck at the start of the game I was worried if there was an alien around there.
    It was Alien 3 on the Super Nintendo for me. Playing that as a kid at night was pretty scary

Scariest movie for me was "The Omen", I saw that when I was 5. I also saw movies like "A nightmare on Elm Street", "Alien", "Jaws" and "Piranha" when I was that age, thanks to my older cousins next door... Many sleepless nights, although I ultimately became a fan of 80's horror flicks. Needless to say, I haven't been frightened from movies for a long time, I mostly just laugh whilst appreciating the way the directors create suspense and atmosphere

I agree Event Horizon was a nice surprise, I too was thinking it was going to be a Sci-fi flick. The opening scene of Nightmare II also has a special place in my mind.

Still nothing had an impact on me like the Omen, and to this day I still think it does a good job in creating a very evil atmosphere
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Splatterhouse II was an awesome game on the sega mega drive
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Heard a few pretty messed up movies. I'll have to ask my mate, he knows them all hahaha

Not a movie, but I've been playing the Silent Hill games again for a bit of old school horror gaming.
    I've played Silent Hill 2 in the dark and it was scary as hell and I know it influenced Saw director; James Wan. But what I'm wondering is: "Is this game still regarded as the scariest game ever made or has it been superseded?"

I watched BBC's Ghostwatch tonight, a 1992 live special investigation into a haunted house, and even though I knew the story going in, it sure got me spooked more than anything I've seen in ages.

Hm there's no video of my birth. Now there's a demon