Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMC Not-DJD news, discussion thread

Not a problem!

I'm theoretically very excited about this project, but MMC's extraordinarily slow release of info / toys kinda cancels it out.

Well I got Cynicus, haven't fiddled much with him, but the video reviews do him great justice. Awesome figure in this mold, his lithe body figure is still very strong and manoeuvrable.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

I have and he's great, I love the sculpting. MMC make the most badass looking bots around if you ask me, perfect for villains like the DJD and Overlord.

My only gripes with Cynnicus are with his accessories, specifically his awkward grip on his rifle due to the multi width peg, and the lack of paint on his removable face. Other than that though he's all win.

I have Generations Blitzwing wielding him in gun mode at the moment and it looks ok, of course it would be even better if it was Tarn.

I think Vos looks fantastic, espeically the gun mode!

I think I might hold off to see if a: they do some bulk group order of DJD figures or b: Hasbro or TT does a release of these characters. However despite all the TF's being giant war machines it may be unlikely they release such sadistic characters. I cant really see Hasbro releasing a toy that turns into an electric chair. Technically a tank would kill more people, but instruments specifically designed to tourture and kill individuals just seems more scary somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think Vos looks fantastic, espeically the gun mode!

I think I might hold off to see if a: they do some bulk group order of DJD figures or b: Hasbro or TT does a release of these characters. However despite all the TF's being giant war machines it may be unlikely they release such sadistic characters. I cant really see Hasbro releasing a toy that turns into an electric chair. Technically a tank would kill more people, but instruments specifically designed to tourture and kill individuals just seems more scary somehow.
    Agreed, aside from Tarn and Tesarus, the other 3 bots would probably never make it to production.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

You could have them turning in to something else, but have the capacity to turn them in to their "real" forms thru unofficial transformations, ie how someone managed to cobble together a semi-convincing-ish bat out of TT's Senator Ratbat.

Bit of a copout though. I'd dig a complete boxset of MMC's guys though.

I don't think we'll ever see a Hasbro Kaon, and while there is an MMC one coming I'm not sure if we will ever see a ful DJDl set. Helex and Tessarus are huge and the alt modes and characters are thus far rather ill defined. To scale correctly they'd be huge and expensive, a big ask for a minor character in a comic only team.

Kultur looks terrific, can't wait for pre-orders to go up.

Finally opened my Anarchus. Really awesome toy with a simple but fun transformation. It is amazing how character model accurate this toy is and how it easily pulls off the chair mode although to be fair, his design is much more simplistic than it first appears as much of the chair mode compresses into his backpack. Cool toy nonetheless.

The spider pet is ok but a bit of a sideshow as he mostly adds to the electric chair mode which just like the robot mode, it is extremely character accurate.

Scorpion mode is alright but like the Spider pet, a bit of a sideshow as it is pretty much just the chair mistransformed into a scorpion. Almost seems incidental like an officialized fan mode.

Awesome toy, great playability and fun to transform.