Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shapeways Creations

Default Shapeways Creations

Came across this awesome little design for a Targetmaster/Smashmaster 'Seismus' via Shapeways, costing roughly $15 + postage.

Further reading:
    * The creator's TFW product info page is here
    * Some completely painted designs from buyers here and here
    * Blog review here.

You can get some really cool custom tf stuff from shapeways (that you certainly can't get anywhere else) but they can be quite expensive. Some nifty upgrades for classics figures are available, if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    You can get some really cool custom tf stuff from shapeways (that you certainly can't get anywhere else) but they can be quite expensive. Some nifty upgrades for classics figures are available, if I remember correctly
    Yes, I'm really liking some of the stuff available:

* Classics Defcon upgrade set for Generations Scourge. Just came across a pro-customizer who's done a really good job at making this upgrade set shine.
    * IDW First Aid upgrade set for Prime Ratchet.
    * IDW Fistitron/Ironfist upgrade set for DOTM Ratchet. There's a second set that comes with a head sculpt without a bullet hole.

I keep looking at things on Shapeways (Roadbusters upgrade kit) but then I remember I am rubbish at painting lol

I've actually ordered a few things from fakebusker83 for my TF Prime figures. They should be here Monday. I'll let you know what I think of them.

IF they arrive I'll let you know how they are. It's a big IF though because...

Why did it come to Melbourne only to be sent to Dubai!

Your package has gone for another round the world trip!

I wouldn't be too worried about that though. Tracking results can sometimes be vary vague or confusing. It's probably with Auspost

Quote Originally Posted by groovyguy View Post
    I keep looking at things on Shapeways (Roadbusters upgrade kit) but then I remember I am rubbish at painting lol
    That's my dilemma too!

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Why did it come to Melbourne only to be sent to Dubai!
    Doesn't make much sense... unless UPS believed your item to have arrived too early and felt it necessary to honour this part of Shapeways' shipping policy...

From http://www.shapeways.com/support/shipping:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeways Shipping Info
    Delivery time
    We try to get your product to you within 2-3 weeks, depending on the material.
    Shipping time
    Typically it will take UPS 2-3 days to ship your product. For some countries, such as Australia, shipping might take as much as five days. You will receive a UPS tracking email once we have shipped your order. You can use this email to track your package. It also has the UPS details of your order in it should there be any issues with the UPS delivery.

LOL very possible ^

I am planning on taking lots of photos for you pre and post painted. The items I've ordered are a new cannon+blade for Prime Rid voyager Megatron, pistols+blades for Prime RiD deluxe Arcee, lots of parts for Prime RiD Knockout and hand blasters for Prime RiD Cliffjumper.

My shapeways package arrive this afternoon. I'm not sure yet if I'm happy with these or not. I had them printed in white strong and flexible (which is what it said theyd tested it in) but I think maybe a smoother more detailed material would have been better. They seem a bit rough for my liking and sanding these tiny pieces is very difficult. Im going to spray Arcees pistols and blades tonight and we will see how that turns out. I'll put pics up tomorrow. I was trying to take some of the unpainted items but the white is very hard to get a clear shot of.