Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shapeways Creations

i've gotten transparent detail and that seems pretty smooth and allows for light pipping

frosted detail is the cleanest most smooth but brittle

i've gotten the punch/counterpunch kit (head and hands), guzzle kit (chest and head) for ROTF hailstorm, roadbuster head for crossovers iron man/cap, pyro head, chromia head for prime arcee, idw first aid for prime ratchet and iron fist with bullet hole head

they're all pretty niffty and allows you to add more characters to your collection

How brittle is it? Is it likely/easy to break during transformation? I'm ordering a couple more pieces but I'm unsure what to order them in. There's an ultra detail frosted, is it any smoother?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitcurlboy View Post
    i've gotten transparent detail and that seems pretty smooth and allows for light pipping

frosted detail is the cleanest most smooth but brittle

i've gotten the punch/counterpunch kit (head and hands), guzzle kit (chest and head) for ROTF hailstorm, roadbuster head for crossovers iron man/cap, pyro head, chromia head for prime arcee, idw first aid for prime ratchet and iron fist with bullet hole head

they're all pretty niffty and allows you to add more characters to your collection
    That's an awesome line up Spitcurlboy! Any pics?

Also, Welcome to the Forum!!

depends on what the pieces are, its not like it will fall apart, but you need to be careful with transformations, eps if it has alot of small delicate moving pieces, from what i understand its over time, not immediate

i like getting heads in transparent detail if light pipping is available, or any detail type, to me they're pretty smooth

strong and flexible are good for less detail pieces like guns/weapons but usually will require some sanding if you want a smoother look

i've bought heads in both strong and flexible and detail and prefer the detail option, the details don't come out competley on the strong and flexible

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That's an awesome line up Spitcurlboy! Any pics?

Also, Welcome to the Forum!!
    thanks for the welcome

sorry no pics as yet, most of them are still wip

Thanks. Think I'll try one piece in white and strong polished and one in frosted detail. Let ya know how they turn out.

bought my scraplets from fakebuster

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    bought my scraplets from fakebuster
    Thanks for sharing that, your scraplets looked pretty awesome

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Does that include printing metals?
    I'm not as familiar with 3D printing of metals, but from my understanding yes, they are grainy as well, but it's easier to handle.

I look forward to seeing them. I'm still on the fence about ordering, given the low cost of the items and high cost of the shipping. To order one or two just isn't cost effective.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!