Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - UW-6 Grand Galvatron

Default Wanted - UW-6 Grand Galvatron

If anyone has one they are wanting to offload, or knows where I can still find one that is close to its original price, I am looking for one to fill a hole in the collection... after missing the boat on them by a week. (they were everywhere one week, and then suddenly they were all sold out at all the online stores and ebay)

The cheapest on ebay at the moment is about AU$366 (including shipping), but I am hoping to find one that is somewhere closer to its original price of about AU$220 (before shipping).

x2oToys in Malaysia has it in stock for RM450 which is about A$150. Shipping is RM150 so all in cost is A$200. If paying by Paypal then add 4.4% fee. I have never used this store so buyer beware but at least you will have Paypal protection. Seems like a legit site though and has a Facebook page.

http://x2otoys.com/goods.php?id=824

You got my hopes up then mate, they have Defensor and Convoy Grand Prime for very good prices until you get to shipping which is RM440 each! For some reason their shipping is much higher than Grand Galvatron. I would have thought they were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    You got my hopes up then mate, they have Defensor and Convoy Grand Prime for very good prices until you get to shipping which is RM440 each! For some reason their shipping is much higher than Grand Galvatron. I would have thought they were the same.
    That is really strange! I tried the other Unite Warriors sets and Bruticus was RM150 as well but all the others had the crazy high shipping. It's worth emailing them to get a shipping quote and mentioning the reasonable shipping on Grand Galvatron and Bruticus. Their base pricing on these sets is very reasonable.

x2oToys also has an ebay store with 100% feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    x2oToys in Malaysia has it in stock for RM450 which is about A$150. Shipping is RM150 so all in cost is A$200. If paying by Paypal then add 4.4% fee. I have never used this store so buyer beware but at least you will have Paypal protection. Seems like a legit site though and has a Facebook page.

Thanks for that.
    I've placed an order, and have to wait for a reply to see if they even have it in stock (I ordered one from Ehobbybaseshop a few weeks back and they responded to say that they were actually sold out but didn't update the listing).
    If it works out, that would actually be a great price (if they don't adjust the shipping on me, it will be about AU$207).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I've placed an order, and have to wait for a reply to see if they even have it in stock (I ordered one from Ehobbybaseshop a few weeks back and they responded to say that they were actually sold out but didn't update the listing).
    If it works out, that would actually be a great price (if they don't adjust the shipping on me, it will be about AU$207).
    That's great. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post

August 22nd - I placed order on the website, and at the end of the checkout process I am told that when the shipping amount is worked out in the next 48 hours, a confirmation email would be sent with the details for paying by paypal. (like Ehobbybaseshop do)

August 27th - I received an email from them saying that the item was not yet paid, and would be cancelled if not paid within two days. (of course it wasn't paid... I hadn't been notified that it was ready to be paid)
    I received this email on the 28th, and promptly paid it that day.

September 7th - Since it hadn't arrived yet, I check the website to see that my order is still being listed as unpaid.
    I email them to ask if it had been sent yet.

September 8th - They reply to have me provide proof of payment. (huh??? not only did they not notice the payment alert from Paypal that they should have received, but their website doesn't automatically update when you pay an order - not a very reliable site to order from)

I forward a copy of the paypal payment email that day, and they reply later that evening to ask how much I want it declared as for customs. (I can understand some countries might be tight on the import values, but after all this delay, is this really necessary?)

I reply that evening to say that the actual value is fine.

September 9th - I get an email notification of the item being sent... some 18 days after ordering an "in-stock" item.... with no apologies from their end at all, in any of their emails.

When (if) it arrives, I'll ask them for an explanation on what happened, and then post up a feedback topic for them on our board... so that others are aware of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    August 22nd - I placed order on the website, and at the end of the checkout process I am told that when the shipping amount is worked out in the next 48 hours, a confirmation email would be sent with the details for paying by paypal. (like Ehobbybaseshop do)

August 27th - I received an email from them saying that the item was not yet paid, and would be cancelled if not paid within two days. (of course it wasn't paid... I hadn't been notified that it was ready to be paid)
    I received this email on the 28th, and promptly paid it that day.

September 7th - Since it hadn't arrived yet, I check the website to see that my order is still being listed as unpaid.
    I email them to ask if it had been sent yet.

September 8th - They reply to have me provide proof of payment. (huh??? not only did they not notice the payment alert from Paypal that they should have received, but their website doesn't automatically update when you pay an order - not a very reliable site to order from)

I forward a copy of the paypal payment email that day, and they reply later that evening to ask how much I want it declared as for customs. (I can understand some countries might be tight on the import values, but after all this delay, is this really necessary?)

I reply that evening to say that the actual value is fine.

September 9th - I get an email notification of the item being sent... some 18 days after ordering an "in-stock" item.... with no apologies from their end at all, in any of their emails.

When (if) it arrives, I'll ask them for an explanation on what happened, and then post up a feedback topic for them on our board... so that others are aware of what to expect.
    Well that's not inspiring much confidence. Hopefully the package arrives safely. Seems like if anyone else decides to chance their arm with this seller they should pay immediately (without confirmation of shipping cost) and then send proof of payment.

It finally arrived early last week, and I picked it up from the post office last weekend.

Unfortunately, after all this time, they are now sold out, so there is no point in recommending them for anyone else still looking for this set.