Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon AOE toy promotion - save up to 25% off your order (to 18th May)

Default Amazon AOE toy promotion - save up to 25% off your order (to 18th May)

AOE Movie toys are up on Amazon like other online sites, with all but Leader Grimlock from the 32 different figures first wave Movie figures (not counting Kreo).
    Best of all, Amazon have a special promotion until the 18th May that can save you up to 25% off your Movie toys.

On any 2 Movie toys that are from Amazon (not a dealer on Amazon), you get 50% off the cheapest figure.

So, if you purchase all the same price figures in your order, you will get a full 25% off your total.
    But if you are wanting to purchase all different items, you can still can save a lot of money on small orders.... and if you order big you could even break up your order into two to maximise the discount - cheap items in one order, and expensive items in the other.

The shipping is so cheap, even if you order all at once on a big order, it might not be worth the time/hassle to calculate both options to see which is cheaper (as it takes a while to cart all those items from separate product pages and then remove items just to work out the two calculations).

For example, if you buy a $10, $20, $30, & $40 toy, the discount will be $15 from your $100 total.
    But if you bought four $25 toys, you will get a $25 discount on your $100 total.

In other words, you can get up to 25% off your total bill before shipping... and on average, the discount will be equal or more than the shipping cost, ultimately giving you free shipping. (it did for me)

I did a test on the four Movie Deluxe toys....
    BBTS has them for US$60 plus about US$25 postage on their own (slightly less if in a POL).
    Amazon came to US$66.54, but after discount it was US$50, plus about US$15 postage... totalling about US$65 for the set of four WITH shipping (compared to about US$80 for BBTS and about AU$96 for the cheapest Australian retail option).

Just imagine how much more the Americans are saving, since they don't even pay shipping on Amazon orders.

Remember though, whenever using Amazon...
    - check to make sure it says "sold by Amazon Export" on your checkout page (they sometimes list other dealers first on the main product page if they are cheaper)
    - check to make sure it says under the product picture that it is part of the Transformers movie promotion.

The 31 First wave items available on Amazon, sold by Amazon...
    Deluxe - Crosshairs, High Octane Bumblebee, Slug, Scorn
    Voyager - Grimlock, Evasion Mode Optimus Prime
    Leader - Optimus Prime (NOT Grimlock for some reason... or it might be up later)

Power Battlers - Bumblebee, Hound, Strafe, Crosshairs

One-Step Basic - Drift, Optimus Prime, Grimlock

Flip-n-Change (big) - Optimus Prime, Grimlock

Titan Heros (12 inch) Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Drift

Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders - Drift, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Lockdown
    Construct-Bots Dinobots - Slug, Grimlock, Strafe
    Construct-Bots Dinobot Warriors - Drift/Roughneck, Optimus/Gnaw, Lockdown/Hangnail

Dino Sparkers - Optimus/Grimlock, Drift/Slug, Bumblebee/Strafe

Also, Amazon items are available to ship now.
    Some sites like BBTS don't ship until May 17th... in case you want them ASAP.

Just great! The only one I want is Leader Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Just great! The only one I want is Leader Grimlock.
    Leader Grimlock is up now

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-E...ers+extinction
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Great! Thanks. Might grab one later. Still tossing up wether I want the Voyager or Leader. They have 708 of them so should be fine for later.

gah both grimlock toys are kinda bad...

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Ah, figured it would show up, as the Leader case is supposed to be one of each, so they probably just missed listing it.
    Now just hoping they get the Kreo figures, or BBTS do... or else I'll have to get off my butt and look for them locally.

i added leader grimlock and evasion prime to my cart but didn't get a discount? I viewed their "selected" toys available for the discount and leader grimlock wasn't part of the deal...as of the time of this post

That's weird... I cant seem to get anything showing up with a discount now.
    They've set up a special page now too, which makes it so easy to order heaps of things at once, but the new system might have something to do with the lost discount. (like a glitch)

There's nothing in the new conditions either, so maybe contact them to ask why it isn't working.

(I just realised that I missed one when I ordered last night... as I was distracted by a phone call at that time. At least it is a gimmick Bumblebee, so shouldn't sell out before I place my next Amazon order.)

Looks like it was a temporary glitch with the new page they set up, as it's working again.
    Use the link in my post just above this one, for really quick and easy carting of only the eligible items.