Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

^LOL so based on that it looks like they haven't caught wind of this version of megs.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbs View Post
    It was Auspost. Got held up in Melb for two weeks.

This note from Customs was in the packaging too.
    Wow, either they don't know about megs or they stepped down from previious word and thought he's ok?

Well...thats surprisingly good news not that I encourage it but the fee's are rubbish for vic owners

To me it looks like it got flagged (possibly due to the silencer attachments), they opened it up and saw a robot, and for whatever reason let it through. I'd say they didn't believe a cartoon Megs as accurate as this could possibly transform into a gun.

Sigh.... I know people were genuinely trying to help and good on them for it, but I really wish I'd never read this thread. Then I would have just taken my chances as I originally planned and would have my Megs rather than having to wait another two months for my mate from QLD to bring it down in July when he visits

I'd ask him to post it but he broke his collarbone yesterday - he ain't exactly going to make it to the post office any time soon. Next time I'll just trust my gut like I should have had

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    ^LOL so based on that it looks like they haven't caught wind of this version of megs.
    Oh, they would have been made aware. They just chose not to care enough at this point in time.
    Now dance for me monkeys, dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Oh, they would have been made aware. They just chose not to care enough at this point in time.
    Now dance for me monkeys, dance!
    Ooh I dunno, the potential to make money off permits/fines is always a ripe fruit for them
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Ooh I dunno, the potential to make money off permits/fines is always a ripe fruit for them
    Their bellies must be full?

Ok to sum up the state of play on MP-36, is it fair to say that so far it is clearing customs without the need for an import permit? And if by bad luck it is withheld you can simply get the permit done once you receive a customs notice since they will hold it for 30 days?

I've just ordered MP-36 from Japan as a backup to my PC order and found the B709 forms confusing - do you require a firearms licence before applying for the permit because it was asking for a licence number?

You're from NSW aren't you Dap? Then yeah you need the firearms licence first unfortunately. It appears Megs is making it through customs unchecked...as always it's up to people to make their own choices or not whether to apply for the forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    You're from NSW aren't you Dap? Then yeah you need the firearms licence first unfortunately. It appears Megs is making it through customs unchecked...as always it's up to people to make their own choices or not whether to apply for the forms.
    Thanks for clearing that up and yes I'm from NSW. Sounds like I should get onto that firearms licence now in any case.