Thread: Your Best TFs of 2017

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your Best TFs of 2017

Alright, let's do this...the year is (finally) over now, what were your best TFs of 2017? I'm vaguely thinking 'TFs that were released in/from 2017', but I'm not some sort of Time-and-Date-Nazi so by all means feel free to post your favourite Acquisitions of 2017 as well if you like.
    "How many?" I hear you ask? 3? 5? 10? How many is too many? I dunno, just pick a number that seems right to you. I'm going with 3.

For my part, I...actually didn't get many TFs this year, and most of them were pre-2017 releases anyway. Of the ones I did get, I haven't actually opened most of them yet...I'm sort of spacing them out what with 1) having no income stream atm and 2) being a bit caught up in study - having a new TF to look forward to at the end of the semester gives me something to look forward to.

That said, special mention really has to go to...

1: FansToys Sludge Stomp. This toy is beautiful. Plus I want my Dinobots to have some kind of rough alt-mode scale - slightly unusual I know but I was a dinosaur nut as a kid - and Stomp fits the bill nicely.

2: MP-11 Starscream. Is he the best MP ever? No. Not even close. But I passed over him when he first came out, and he's a damn good representation of the original G1 Starscream that we all know and love. Transformation is fun, not too complex and not too easy, he looks good in both modes, and - importantly - messing around with him was the first time in ages that I can remember getting a genuine sense of pleasure (as opposed to appreciating a solid design, or 'yeah, that's pretty cool') from a TF. Plus I got him through the efforts of a very kind overseas-based friend, who managed to find an original-run MP-11 - it's a bit isolating sometimes here in NW Tassie so it was nice to have a reminder of some of the good friendships I'm lucky enough to have all over the world.

3: Takara Legends Blurr. I didn't expect to like this as much as I did, but it's a really nice mold with a great design in both modes. The Hasbro paint-job really doesn't do it justice.

-Honorable Mentions-
    Takara Legends Armada/Micron Legend-homage Starscream. Really fun (if a tad short/small) toy. Blurr narrowly edges it out of my top 3 -if he had wrist swivels (and maybe if Blurr wasn't a Headmaster, though it doesn't really detract from the toy all that much) it'd be a pretty close match-up IMO. Blurr is pretty sweet though.
    Takara Strongarm with Sawtooth - This little Strongarm is a pretty solid little toy.
    Titans Return Shuffler. He's a pretty nifty little guy, and I still love that Hasbro did such an obscure homage. It's a shame we couldn't get the remaining four Master Warriors in Titans Return IMO - I would have bought them all.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 7th January 2018 at 10:41 PM.