Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Megatran Guest

On tonight's 7:30 Report, there was a segment on Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) with a case involving Goldie Marketing Pty Ltd who incidentally manufacture & distribute the licensed Transformers 30th Anniversary mini-figurines (among other toys). The owner of the company was facing financial hardship.

really the other way around, but i just noticed in this clip of jazz doing his 'musical sonic boom' that when he goes outside onto jetfire, jetfire says 'watch out for that first step, it's a doozy!' reckon it's a reference to groundhog day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULYI_atD6g

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    really the other way around, but i just noticed in this clip of jazz doing his 'musical sonic boom' that when he goes outside onto jetfire, jetfire says 'watch out for that first step, it's a doozy!' reckon it's a reference to groundhog day?

Groundhog Day probably took it from Transformers if one copied the other, as that movie was released in 1993... almost 10 years later.

Side note: of all the eps Soundwave was in, I believe that scene was one of only two times he ever uses his shoulder cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Groundhog Day probably took it from Transformers if one copied the other, as that movie was released in 1993... almost 10 years later.
    oh, i thought it said 1983 when i looked it up to check!

oh, i thought it said 1983 when i looked it up to check!
    Seems that musical directors are running out of ideas by turning movies into stage productions - I just saw on the wiki page that they are doing a musical version of Groundhog Day this year...

Seems that musical directors are running out of ideas by turning movies into stage productions - I just saw on the wiki page that they are doing a musical version of Groundhog Day this year...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/fp1.jpg
    I wouldn't mind a Planet of the Apes musical so long as it's a close match to the excerpt we saw in The Simpsons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA

It's the exact same thing as is happening in cinema. There's plenty of new and original musicals being created (just like there's plenty of original movies being made) but musical and movie producers know that if they use an existing property the brand recognition will sell more tickets.

So there's a steady flow of both new musicals and movies that are adaptations of existing movies/books and sometimes the movie producers will look at musicals based on movies and turn them into new musical movies! (Hairspray, The Producers). And there's a couple of musicals based on movies that I love much more than the original films (Legally Blonde, Shrek, Priscilla, and Billy Eliot are in my top ten musicals of all time).

Meanwhile, in Bollywood...
    There's just something about watching a musical horror movie that makes it less scary

in a few weeks I'm seeing this dnb DJ known as Cyantific and his debut album is this:
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures