Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Eiding at Sugar City Con

Default Paul Eiding at Sugar City Con

Hasn't seemed to be mentioned yet but Paul Eiding will be a featured guest at Sugar City Con in Mackay, Qld next month. I've ordered the new Blaster/Perceptor reissue to go and ask Paul to sign it for me.

http://sugarcitycon.com/

Paul Eiding (aka G1 Perceptor) will be at Sugar City Con tomorrow between 10:30 and 11:30:
    http://sugarcitycon.com/wp-content/u...52262630_n.jpg

I'm impressed that a convention that far out of the way in such a small city was able to get in that sort of guest... but it looks like their most significant guest though, so must have blown their budget on him.

If anyone here goes, let us know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm impressed that a convention that far out of the way in such a small city was able to get in that sort of guest... but it looks like their most significant guest though, so must have blown their budget on him.

I'd say so, will be great to meet him though!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Bloody Southerners

Mackay has a pretty big catchment area, Cairns had a very successful nerd-con recently from what I have read; and the 'ville is now having one in April next year (which I will happily be attending)
    Last year we had a Lego exhibition in our local art gallery and it broke all records for regional displays, that was followed hotly by a Lego extravaganza by some city slickers that had a two day expo at TECC, I went, it was great, but the Lego they were selling was priced slightly over optimistically
    I think the large QLD regional centres are getting on board with the "fancy" stuff from down south in a very good way. So don't be surprised when we get some half decent nerd-dom names coming our way. (Not Star Wars level; but you know )
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Well Paul was both a scholar and a gentleman - he answered heaps of questions from my wife and myself, took photos and signed a bunch of stuff for me too. Great guy!!!

Paul is an amazing guy. After getting stuff signed he came up to us later and we were just chatting about everything. We were swapping parenting stories, telling us about his daughters etc and his wife is just as nice.
    It was a great experience and something my family and I won't forget anytime soon.

I was at Sugar City Con running my art table, and he walked upto my table and just had a chat, he's an incredibly charming man, we had a great chat which I swear went for 15 minutes and was just awesome. The con itself was really good, it wasn't packed which Supanova is like, and everyone knows that pain, but he asked me and my friend to sign a picture we had of his voiced characters that we made, and it just... well to sum it up, wow.

That sounds more similar to how Supanova used to be before it got as huge as it is now. I remember being able to casually stroll up to the likes of George Takei and just have a regular friendly chat. Now you can't get anywhere near a big celebrity at 'Nova unless you pay a ransom and line up for half a day.