Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

The thighs are a grey-blue colour, not as allspark blue as the flash has made it look in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Was at a Salvation Army op shop and found this baby:

Couldn't believe it. Had to look around in the box of toys to find that Targetmaster (Hairsplitter). Couldn't find his other one (Singe). Cost me 50 cents.

Aaaand the most amazing part was when I got home I realised I actually have already have Singe. I got him for 50 cents or a dollar from a Nexus Fair ages and ages ago.
    Awesome Scooore!!!! too bad the Salvos in my area only have a lot of stuff toys .
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This is probably only the 5th or 6th time I've found a TF at an op-shop in 5+ years of semi-regular looking.

Got Cheetor and Blackarachnia... first time I've ever purchased Robot Heroes.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Couldn't find Acid Storm today but not fussed as he's not joining the Classics line-up anyway the way Onslaught and Silverbolt are.
    Still undecided on opening Galvatron as he is stupidly too small and, as Supreme Deity of the Diggerverse that I am, haven't decreed yet that this homage to his G1 self is good enough.
    My first Marvel Tf's. Spidey was in the Spidey stuff and Venom was with Hulk and Iron Man in the Hulk stuff.
    A second MP04 Convoy just because I could. My other one was from the original production run so this one will probably stay MISB for a while.

Now it's time to rip Silverbolts and Onslaughts boxes wide open!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    However my Galvatron is weak! It seems like every ball joint wants to pop off at the slightest touch and the hinges are not sturdy. While I was trying to work out the legs (the photo on the box is mistransformed and different colours to the actual toy!) the whole toy kind of collapsed on itself. The toy seems a bit too over complex for it's own good.
    My Galvatron's limbs popped out of their sockets too. Mainly the right arm and one of the legs. He should have been an Ultra Class figure or a Voyager at the very least. Yet we get an oversized legends figure which is Silverbolt who should have been a deluxe figure. Otherwise I enjoyed Galvatron's conversion.

I also agree that Acid Storm actually looks pretty good in robot mode. Aussie colors. Oi Oi Oi!

Digger, what's the Animated hand-held game like? I wasn't ready to plonk down $35-40 on that thing.
    Last edited by Stompy; 7th September 2008 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy
    Aussie colors. Oi Oi Oi!
    Which was the theme for the colours for the Autobot Chainmasters (Sabretron 2004 convention exclusives).

Breaker (Australian flag), Minesweeper (Aboriginal flag)
    Muckraker (Australian outback - also "reversal" of Outback's colour scheme)
    Spectre(Aussie green & gold)

Stalker Guest

well recently i picked up in the classic universe figures onslaught,powerglide,octane,sunstreaker and prowl but i cant find acid storm, galvatron or silverbolt any where. I live in a back packers in the city but my gf lives in belrose and the only place i really get ot go to uncle petes at warringha mall but i tried looking at target there and the other shops but sadly no luck. If any one knows of any where thats easy to get to in the sydney area that can get them please tell me also if any one sees ironhide,blue streak or side swipe aswell please let me know.

Wow. Nice Gok. As always, a well of knowledge you are.

Stopped by a BigW on my way home from work today, and after a bit of searching (their TFs toys were not all in one spot), I found the three that I was after - Acid Storm, Galvatron, Silverbolt.
    Silverbolt was almost disappointingly simple to transform - I like Gen1 homages, but they didn't need to do a homage to its easy transformation.
    Acid Storm - I have more of this mould than I can recall offhand, but it is still fun to play with and transform with each one I get. Still not bored with it yet...
    Galvatron - Nice tank mode, and a pleasingly unique transformation for a smallish tank Transformer. Bit fiddley though, and needed to refer to the instructions to fix up the gun arm without wanting to force it or break it (QC lately makes me fearful of breaking something with too much force). Gotta try doing up its third mode now (Takara actually engineered a third 'mode' as a homage to the G1 cannon mode but Hasbro were so unimpressed, they didn't want it included as a mode in the finished product. The parts and joints used only in that mode were not removed though, and apparently can still be transformed into that third mode).
    And just so I don't seem evil by keeping you guys in suspense...
    Fan attempts at working out the undocumented third mode:
    http://cybph.multiply.com/reviews/item/98
    Specifically this photo on that page above:
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...I/DSC01443.jpg

Other ideas:
    http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...howtopic=49718
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DUdOwNQx4
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vatron-165140/