Thread: Legends game ending September 30th

Default Legends game ending September 30th

For anyone still playing the Legends mobile game, they have announced its closure at the end of September, and have opened up all the bonuses to players.
    It only started in April 2013 year, so only lasted 2 years... but it seems that people moved onto their other "Gen1" game Battle Tactics, so maybe there just isn't enough of a market to support more than one profit-making ongoing Transformers mobile game. Or it just became too difficult to get much fun from it without paying a lot of money for the more powerful cards/characters. (I never played it so don't know, but that seemed to be some of the comments.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For anyone still playing the Legends mobile game, they have announced its closure at the end of September, and have opened up all the bonuses to players.
    It only started in April 2013 year, so only lasted 2 years... but it seems that people moved onto their other "Gen1" game Battle Tactics, so maybe there just isn't enough of a market to support more than one profit-making ongoing Transformers mobile game. Or it just became too difficult to get much fun from it without paying a lot of money for the more powerful cards/characters. (I never played it so don't know, but that seemed to be some of the comments.)
    Yeah it got to a point where most of the time was just a massive grind (especially team events) and lots of the same thing over and over and over.... not to mention you almost always lost to someone spending ridiculous amounts of money on the game just to get the best team that would last them less than a month before it was obsolete!

I must say I did still enjoy the game but Battle Tactics is far more enjoyable and has stolen my attention since it came out. If you never tried it before I would suggest giving it a go just to see what it was like and check out the cool artwork on the cards.

Up until the last month or so I really kept up with the game. Participated in pretty much every event, built my hands and so on, cant say I ever spent a penny on the game though.

Im not surprised its ending. Much like Raider said, all the events are the same, the cards you get are no good after a month and took forever to level up etc. Also they just stopped trying - the artwork and cards were all getting rehashed, there were lots of mistakes cropping up that never got fixed (Bumblebee cards called Shockwave, events about Galvatron just having Dinobot cards etc) and players were dropping off in droves.

Which game is Legends? Is it the card game? There are so many Transformers game out now I can't keep track.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yup. The card game.

Seems lots of people have moved onto spending money on Battle tactics now. Well, going by the comments in the dena forums.

Seems odd to me, as characters are useless so quickly. But each to their own.

Be nice if they released the artwork in a book or actual cards.

The character cards that come with CW Legends and Voyagers (Maybe Leaders unsure ATM but not deluxes) come with their robot mode card.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera