Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 30th Anniversary MP-05G Megatron Gold version

Default 30th Anniversary MP-05G Megatron Gold version

EDIT: turns out its gold.

According to BBTS, everyone's favourite masterpiece figure, MP-05 will be re-released in December for $199US. I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent flooding of eBay?

Anyway:

This exclusive MP-05 Megatron will feature:
    1. Metallic Gold Chrome Finish
    2. Limited edition
    3. Destron Leader Redeco
    4. Modified retail packaging (image of package is not final)

Please Note: The images used above were supplied in black & white, final product color will vary.

WARNING: The MP-05 Megatron is an adult collectible toy and should not be used by children. Caution should be exercised when using this toy, and Megatron should never be used in a situation where it could be confused for a real weapon. Do not remove the blaze orange safety plug affixed to Megatron's barrel.

Megatron will include his pistol, energy sabre, energy mace, and the Kremzeek mini figure!

Please read all the important information about Megatron listed below!

Please note this item may be “double-taped” by the Takara factory due to additional quality control inspections performed before shipping to BBTS. This item is considered sealed/new (MISB).

Due to United States Toy / Imitation Gun Laws, it is illegal for any business or individual to import the MP-05 Megatron because it does not have a blaze orange safety tip on the end of barrel. A copy of this law is listed at the end of this description. In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified. A blaze orange safety tip will be added to the end of barrel. This orange tip will be a custom made plastic plug that is attached to the end of the barrel. The tip will add between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in length to the end of the barrel and will not hinder the transformation between gun and robot.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs may seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut. Collector's Grade packaging will not be available due to these modifications, and the normal Standard Grade description will not apply because the tape seals have been broken. We realize these modifications will slightly change the appearance of the toy, but we also realize that giving you a legal way to own this toy is much better than not owning it at all, or running the risk of US Customs seizing the item.

This is an aftermarket modification that does not involve Takara whatsoever; we initiated this modification to bring you an importable collectible. We will work to provide the highest quality plug addition that we can, but because this is not part of the original manufacturing process, it will not be perfect. This modification is done at no expense to you, we are paying all costs associated with this and passing nothing on to you other than the ultimate legal Megatron collectible.

Now the fun stuff: Megatron should stand at around 12" tall - equal in size to his nemesis, Masterpiece Optimus Prime. In order to get such a hefty robot, this is going to be one huge gun! Megatron will be a Walther P-38, as he should be, and will be the defining action figure version of Megatron that we've always wanted.

Please Note: The Australian Government & Australian Customs may seize this item, please order with caution if you live in Australia.

Below is the actual law in regards to imitation toys, please remember that the BBTS solution to this problem is the only legal way in the USA for you to obtain this amazing item.

§ 1150.2 Prohibitions. No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (‘‘device’’) covered by this part as set forth in § 1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in § 1150.3 of this part.

§ 1150.3 Approved markings. The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce: (a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel.

(b) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters.
    Last edited by Trent; 22nd October 2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

What a shame

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

really wish they would either re-do him or just bring out MP galvatron.
    to mp mp05 isnt worth the money, let alone the work involved in trying to get one.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i guess here is a good place to put http://www.megatron.net.au/Index.htm

if anyone wnats to know what hoops they need to jump through where available.

according to that site. i CANT have one no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent flooding of eBay?
    I haven't really noticed a huge influx of people selling MP-05, only one chinese seller.

Also on the topic of MP-05, back in 2009 I was coming back from a round the world trip and in Hong Kong I picked up an MP-05 at ToysRus but didn't open it til I got back home in Australia and found it was missing Kremzeek, all weapons besides the big scope and his feet.

ToysRus gave me a full refund and let me keep the incomplete MP-05 and I've been trying to hunt down feet especially ever since to no luck. Anybody know where I could pick up his weapons and feet on the cheap?

Right, after the re-release of MP-01 right before MP-10, you'd have to be crazy to buy this piece of junk and not expect a better Masterpiece Megatron right around the corner.

The 3P groups have already made a bunch of superior versions. Surely someone at Hasbro has taken some inspiration and prepared an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Right, after the re-release of MP-01 right before MP-10, you'd have to be crazy to buy this piece of junk and not expect a better Masterpiece Megatron right around the corner.

The 3P groups have already made a bunch of superior versions. Surely someone at Hasbro has taken some inspiration and prepared an update.
    Yeah - you beat me to it. I think it was labeled MP-01L - the last run ever of the mould. Then MP10 was announced. I'm hoping this re-run leads to a new Megatron or Galvatron mould.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Most of you can't own one anyway so there is nothing you really need to see unfortunately till federal and state laws change.
    The piece can be very well be $50 and you still can't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post

Who else out of the 3p groups have made a g1 megatron? If im not mistaken, I can only think of one... hegemon is good but not mp scaled let's hope for a oversized version with shiny non swirly plastic from takara.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Most of you can't own one anyway so there is nothing you really need to see unfortunately till federal and state laws change.
    The piece can be very well be $50 and you still can't buy it.
    Will my house get raided as the one I picked up in HK has no orange tip?