Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Bought my first lot of of the stuff this morning from a chemist. I spent 20 mins constantly walking around trying to find the stuff before i caved and asked for assistance and found that the stuff was behind the counter. I currently have Red Alerts spoilers in the mix with some Wheeljack parts.....really looking forward to seeing the results.
    I got 100 mils for about $3. Quite good value if you ask me.

I'm tempted to get some and use it on my Mirage. I bought him yellowed, so can't complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Bought my first lot of of the stuff this morning from a chemist. I spent 20 mins constantly walking around trying to find the stuff before i caved and asked for assistance and found that the stuff was behind the counter. I currently have Red Alerts spoilers in the mix with some Wheeljack parts.....really looking forward to seeing the results.
    I got 100 mils for about $3. Quite good value if you ask me.
    Although i dont have piccys yet i can tell you the results are amazing. I will be doing my entire Ramjet next. Awesome stuff.

1984-1985 white toys work really well with the H2O2. If you have a yellowed white toy from that era, it is worth giving it a go as the result could be a minty looking toy.

Just a quick question. Does the stuff eventually 'run out'? After about 4 days of using it i have noticed less and less bubbles on the plastic parts. Is this normal?

Just a quick question. Does the stuff eventually 'run out'? After about 4 days of using it i have noticed less and less bubbles on the plastic parts. Is this normal?
    Yes it does indeed run out eventually. The better sealed your jar is the longer it will last. Even if you have a pretty good seal on the jar, it will still allow vapors to scape so the 'working time' of the H2O2 depends on how well sealed your jar is.

*shameless plug* I got some summarised tips and results here if you want to have a look (but nothing you wouldn't be able to find in this thread).

About to place this set of Screamers wings in the H2O2. Will post the results after the treatment.

Before:

After:

6% solution with about 3 days of exposure. (one of the days was cloudy the other two bright sun)
    Of note the tips of Screamers wings didn't even touch the liquid and they were whitened anyway.
    Old H202 was used which may have affected the time and result.
    Although you cannot see it in the photo, to the naked eye there is still a very very faint yellow tinge to the affected areas of the wings.
    Last edited by sideswipes brother; 22nd February 2011 at 05:10 PM.

I received my G1 Ramjet today in the mail...it's yellowed to all hell! ebay pics can be deceiving

I'm wanting to give it a peroxide boost, but I'm a bit concerned about the rubber nose tip? Should I be?

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    I received my G1 Ramjet today in the mail...it's yellowed to all hell! ebay pics can be deceiving

I'm wanting to give it a peroxide boost, but I'm a bit concerned about the rubber nose tip? Should I be?
    Don't think people have been game enough to test on the nose cone. perhaps you can remove it?