Page 395 of 467 FirstFirst ... 375385390391392393394395396397398399400405415 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Aren't CD copies of classic C&C games, specially with boxes fairly valuable?
    If they are it wouldn't be for the condition I had them in. I always threw out the big box and all that stuff, just kept the jewel case and disk.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Aren't CD copies of classic C&C games, specially with boxes fairly valuable?
    If they were they arent really anymore, sure on ebay you might see a boxed copy of the original C&C listed for $30-50 but it's likely that the sellers are refusing to budge on price, because if you check sold listings most C&C games sold for a few dollars.
    It's just not in demand, especially when you can get Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Edition which has all the games in it for under $20

Today I tried to use the refund request process for change of mind on Xbox. Despite the process being clearly described in Xbox's terms as any game bought less than 14 days ago and played for less than two hours (which I bought today and played for 30 minutes), Microsoft, or at least their asian call centre claimed all purchases are final.

After doing the whole "ACCC says refusal to give refunds is against the law" routine they gave me a one off refund. (and yes I know the ACCC doesn't say anything about change of mind but it worked)

They didn't even care that Microsoft's own policy says Xbox gives refunds on any full game download if you bought it less than 14 days ago and played less than 2 hours for any reason (which includes change of mind).

Anyone know a way to get in touch with someone here in Australia or in Redmond, WA and report these stupid call centre workers?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Today I tried to use the refund request process for change of mind on Xbox. Despite the process being clearly described in Xbox's terms as any game bought less than 14 days ago and played for less than two hours (which I bought today and played for 30 minutes), Microsoft, or at least their asian call centre claimed all purchases are final.

After doing the whole "ACCC says refusal to give refunds is against the law" routine they gave me a one off refund. (and yes I know the ACCC doesn't say anything about change of mind but it worked)

They didn't even care that Microsoft's own policy says Xbox gives refunds on any full game download if you bought it less than 14 days ago and played less than 2 hours for any reason (which includes change of mind).

Anyone know a way to get in touch with someone here in Australia or in Redmond, WA and report these stupid call centre workers?
    Vendors just make crap up when it comes to having to comply with legislative refund obligations. It's predatory bs.

About 18 months ago I bought FIFA16 for Xbox360 accidentally, instead of Xbone. I realised about 45 seconds after leaving the shop, turned around, walked back in, presented the still shrink wrapped box and explained to the man who had just sold the damn thing to me that I'd mistakenly grabbed the wrong version, and asked if I could refund/exchange it for the Xbone version and pay the difference in price.

"Oh, well as you're not a member of our EB World Club we can't refund or exchange that, sorry"

I'm loathe to play this card normally but I basically told the guy I was a practising lawyer and that we both knew that EB had to fulfill legal obligations to all customers and not just those who were on their mailing list.

I was granted the usual 'one time only exemption fully at the discretion of the store just this time only'.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

All the games a physical copies with boxes. I was thinking something like $10 each. Pity about the steam activation, I forgot about that, its a waste of a game.

Just found some more games. Such a waste I will always prefer physical copies

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Vendors just make crap up when it comes to having to comply with legislative refund obligations. It's predatory bs.

About 18 months ago I bought FIFA16 for Xbox360 accidentally, instead of Xbone. I realised about 45 seconds after leaving the shop, turned around, walked back in, presented the still shrink wrapped box and explained to the man who had just sold the damn thing to me that I'd mistakenly grabbed the wrong version, and asked if I could refund/exchange it for the Xbone version and pay the difference in price.

"Oh, well as you're not a member of our EB World Club we can't refund or exchange that, sorry"

I'm loathe to play this card normally but I basically told the guy I was a practising lawyer and that we both knew that EB had to fulfill legal obligations to all customers and not just those who were on their mailing list.

I was granted the usual 'one time only exemption fully at the discretion of the store just this time only'.
    I found Phil Spencer's @microsoft.com email address on a listing of CEO's email addresses. I've had good luck in the past emailing executives both here and internationally about bad customer services experiences so I sent one to him.

Explained that I'd been using their products for a really long time (since the OG Xbox, man I'm old), how great the company has been to me and told him what happened today and asked that the refund policy is made clear to all customer service staff.

Not asking for a million dollars compensation or anything stupid, just asking that the policy is clear to all.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Wow what a load of BS, highly illegal, I would have demanded a refund and told him that if he didnt I'd be reporting his store to the ACCC.
    Then after I got the refund I'd report the store to the ACCC and put it on my personal blacklist, scumbags like that dont deserve customer loyalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    All the games a physical copies with boxes. I was thinking something like $10 each
    Well you can try listing them on ebay and maybe you'll get lucky but yeah check the sold listings for each item first to get an idea of how likely each is to sell and for how much.
    If there's one copy that sold at $20 but 10 copies that sold at $2 then I think it's safe to say that you wont get the $20 (or $10).

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I found Phil Spencer's @microsoft.com email address on a listing of CEO's email addresses. I've had good luck in the past emailing executives both here and internationally about bad customer services experiences so I sent one to him.

Explained that I'd been using their products for a really long time (since the OG Xbox, man I'm old), how great the company has been to me and told him what happened today and asked that the refund policy is made clear to all customer service staff.

Not asking for a million dollars compensation or anything stupid, just asking that the policy is clear to all.
    I'd be really interested to hear how that goes. I would almost guarantee that the CEO of Microsoft can't be emailed by just anyone. Either, as an unrecognised email address, it gets diverted/auto deleted, or he has a PA that intercepts his emails and he/she will divert it to the general customer service mailbox. Because imagine the emails this guy gets sent and the quantity they get sent in...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I'd be really interested to hear how that goes. I would almost guarantee that the CEO of Microsoft can't be emailed by just anyone. Either, as an unrecognised email address, it gets diverted/auto deleted, or he has a PA that intercepts his emails and he/she will divert it to the general customer service mailbox. Because imagine the emails this guy gets sent and the quantity they get sent in...
    I've never had any email I've sent to a CEO or in this case Senior VP ignored. I'm sure some companies have an assistant read the emails but if a customer takes the time to email an executive about an issue they normally are responsive as long as the person emailing is not a dick about it. It's not publicly acknowledged but most big companies actually have entire teams dedicated to this job.

When I had an issue with my Apple Music subscription from Telstra that resulted in Telstra and Apple both pointing fingers at each other saying "it's their fault go talk to them" I emailed Tim Cook and the next day the Senior VP in charge of Apple Music in Australia gave me a personal phone call apologising and getting me setup with an engineer in Cupertino who fixed the problem. I wasn't the only one with the issue but I got Apple to stop pointing the finger and take ownership of the problem and fix it for myself and the others that were getting jerked around by both companies technical support.

As for my email to Phil Spencer I got an email in early hours of this morning back from a special support level at Microsoft apologising for the issue saying it shouldn't have happened and crediting my Microsoft Account $20. Unfortunately in this case they didn't mention any corrective action with the support staff.

So yeah I've done this about 4 or 5 times always resulting in at least an apology. You don't normally get a response from the executive you're emailing but they take emails to them seriously as long as you're polite.

Obviously the overwhelmingly negative feedback from fans and press is getting to EA on Star Wars Battlefront 2. They have temporarily removed microtransactions from the game. If they would just make it a permanent change and make the progression a bit easier I'd actually buy the game.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/16/1...ctions-removed