Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Toys King of Beast Infinity Gokin

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Basically if you support Toynami you are supporting harmony gold.
    I do agree that Madtoys version is as solid as heck - a lot of diecast metal and I reckon it will outlast you!

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Where did you hear this Drifand?
    No solid proof that it was toynami as such, but all evidence suggests it
    Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Think I read somewhere that Toynami shut this down so there's no more in production.
    Madgokin had their own website setup for ordering with bonuses. Everyone was happy, then after someone linking it to toynamis facebook page their website mysteriously went off line. Some shops did manage to get some in the end, so there are a few floating around the place, but no chance of getting a new one unless it's been sitting around at that particular shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    It seems that Toynami's soon releasing a new version of the Voltron Lion-bot anyway - so it's really a toss-up whether you'd still wanna chase this MadGokin version (which technically isn't 100% accurate) or go for the new Toynami version.
    Pretty much this. The madgokin is super duper nice, aside from a couple of flaws. There is a new official one due at the start of next year. Which I was all excited for when I saw the protoype images for, but after seeing these coloured ones, I am less keen on..... Also, considering how they think they can charge $234 for a static vinyl figure and $220 for the relatively unimpressive (compared to madgokin) Anniversary Voltron (which the original mould sold for less than $100 when it first came out with die caste bits IIRC), I think you can see what your options are. The new version is all plastic and slightly stylised, but I don't think it looks that bad. I'm slightly curious to see how it is and how much it costs. I think it'll be above $200 though.

Personally having never heard/seen anyone use LCM, I'd be inclined to email them first to make sure they actually still have some and you can make an educated guess a sto whether to proceed from there

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think lcm uses Paypal worth checking.

The madtoys version is good but I have soc with a lot more metal as well.

For me I never been a Voltron fan but I knew the toy as golion and pretty much not overly picky on toon accuracy but if accuracy is what you looking for then Toynami is the only one to go.

Wasn't it WEP that got madtoys spooked? They'd given the license to Toynami again but I don't think Toynami was the one causing problems

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Wasn't it WEP that got madtoys spooked? They'd given the license to Toynami again but I don't think Toynami was the one causing problems
    Possibly. Regardless, someone spooked madguysz, toy ordering became a tad shakey, but came through somewhere I have mine so yay

I believe it was WEP. Someone told on Madtoys to WEP for whatever reason.
    So madtoys shut down everything after preorders went up.
    I believe they came to an agreement with each other but during that time they asked everyone not to talk about the toy.
    Production still went ahead as you know but I think there was only 1 production run.
    madtoys is no more though they may have changed thier name.
    They did have some awesome upcoming figures. Guess we will never see them.

It sucks tho. Toynami does nothing with the toy license or comes out with crap.
    This company comes out with something that was made with a lot of TLC cause they are fans too and they get punished for it.
    doesn't seem quite fair. Especially for the fans.

The thing is Toynami works with harmony gold hence you can see why I feel this company is no different as they build robotech toys.

One of the reviewers actually chat with the Toynami boss and was like brainwashed thinking Toynami is a friendly company. The fact is this is the company that is not allowing any macross or Voltron products to be made in us.

Just because Toynami does own the rights to the offical Voltron does not mean they can make solid toys.

The madtoys Voltron will remain a part of history in my toy collection.

Good attempt. If I was not told about this licensing fiasco I would have let madtoys go.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Good attempt. If I was not told about this licensing fiasco I would have let madtoys go.
    It's all gone pretty quiet now - I think those who pre-ordered early on for the Madtoys were supposed to get a sticker set of some sort (numbers?) but I never got mine even though I did contact them again - ah well - might have to find numbered stickers elsewhere I guess.

Looks like something happened with the licensing as this has popped up again at PC.

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.a...censed-product

Quote Originally Posted by Congie View Post
    Looks like something happened with the licensing as this has popped up again at PC.

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.a...censed-product
    That's the cheapest I would buy it now but I already got one.