Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HasCon Arcee at ToysRUs US from October

Still waiting...

I've asked again, but still haven't got a reply (they just had a new person come into the role of product manager, so I probably have to earn their trust first).
    Someone on TFW claimed to have a reply from Customer Service, that said we aren't getting Arcee here.

And for those hoping to see a flood of them with the US ToysRUs release to bring down the secondary price a bit... well, it looks like TRU pre-sold more than they ended up getting from Hasbro. It was either really popular, or the production run was really limited.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And for those hoping to see a flood of them with the US ToysRUs release to bring down the secondary price a bit... well, it looks like TRU pre-sold more than they ended up getting from Hasbro. It was either really popular, or the production run was really limited.
    It seems that is incorrect. Someone in the comments section posted this:
    apparently with paypal and some bank/credit cards they will set aside the funds for 30 days (and not charge the account). If the vender In this case TRU) does not claim their funds within 30 days, the order is often cancelled. Not sure why TRU put up the pre-order so far in advance then....However After I got my coupons back, I went back to TRU.com and just reordered.
    It looks like orders are being cancelled because TRU arent claiming the funds (as TRU policy is to ask for pre authorization but dont take money until the order is available) and so the providers are cancelling them, not that TRU are cancelling orders because they dont have enough stock.

Well that's good to hear. I might have to read more of the comments postings in future, just in case the news posting is jumping the gun with wrong information.

Okay... these won't last long, but Arcee is back in stock at ToysRUs in America, noting that they have limited stock.
    It looks like TRU America doesn't ship internationally anymore (through a third party, which started in 2012)... so if you still want Arcee, sign up to a shipping forwarder and get onto this quickly. (order two so that you get free US shipping to your forwarder... to offset the extra cost they charge you to post it to Australia)

I registered with Australia Post's Shopmate (which doesn't take too long to do), and was able to order two Arcees just now (FINALLY, she will be mine.... hmmm, that sounds a bit creepy ).
    The total cost was US$50 for the two Arcee toys (free shipping), and paid by credit card (they have a paypal option as well, but I didn't want to risk it providing a postal address that was not in America).

I got the email confirmation to say that it processed... now to wait a couple days to see if they arrive at the shipping forwarder, and to see how much they charge me for postage (I've never used them yet).

I want. But would get my friend to get one for me. But she's asleep now. Wonder if i can get it done before they sell out

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay... these won't last long, but Arcee is back in stock at ToysRUs in America, noting that they have limited stock.
    It looks like TRU America doesn't ship internationally anymore (through a third party, which started in 2012)... so if you still want Arcee, sign up to a shipping forwarder and get onto this quickly. (order two so that you get free US shipping to your forwarder... to offset the extra cost they charge you to post it to Australia)

I registered with Australia Post's Shopmate (which doesn't take too long to do), and was able to order two Arcees just now (FINALLY, she will be mine.... hmmm, that sounds a bit creepy ).
    The total cost was US$50 for the two Arcee toys (free shipping), and paid by credit card (they have a paypal option as well, but I didn't want to risk it providing a postal address that was not in America).

I got the email confirmation to say that it processed... now to wait a couple days to see if they arrive at the shipping forwarder, and to see how much they charge me for postage (I've never used them yet).
    Thanks for the heads up Griffin Just ordered two myself

I have no order confirmation from TRU yet...

As for the Shipping Rates (Shopmate - According to their rates page)

$22.95 AUD flat rate plus $4.95 per 500g

I dont image them being more than 1Kg

It is also worth noting that Shopmate will combine orders if you buy from multiple retailers and offer a discount off the flat fee.

They also do not insure for lost or damaged items unless you tick the box to opt in for the cover ($2.50 for $100 cover).

Just for signing up they offered me a discount code for %20 off the shipping fee from the forwarder - USASTYLE20

I assume they will Bill me once the order arrives from TRU and I'll have the option to enter the promo code at the payment phase...

Hope this helps out some Aus Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Griffin Just ordered two myself

I have no order confirmation from TRU yet...

As for the Shipping Rates (Shopmate - According to their rates page)

$22.95 AUD flat rate plus $4.95 per 500g

I dont image them being more than 1Kg

It is also worth noting that Shopmate will combine orders if you buy from multiple retailers and offer a discount off the flat fee.

They also do not insure for lost or damaged items unless you tick the box to opt in for the cover ($2.50 for $100 cover).

Just for signing up they offered me a discount code for %20 off the shipping fee from the forwarder - USASTYLE20

I assume they will Bill me once the order arrives from TRU and I'll have the option to enter the promo code at the payment phase...

Hope this helps out some Aus Collectors
    Damn you two. Two Arcee's coming my way via the US. Free shipping to the ShopeMate address from TRU, then assumably from the US to AUS at their shipping rate of 22.95, then with the 20% off makes it 18.36 for shipping. 66+18.36 = roughly AUD$85 for 2 Arcees, one of which I can sell to a local Australian collector for probably half of what I've paid?? IDK something along those lines.

Just be warned that Shopmate charges by cubic weight (L x W x H in meters) x 250.

Arcee weighs about 310g and her dimensions are 26 × 18 × 7.

If Toys R Us provided you with a box that fits exactly 2 x Arcees with only 1cm of padding around any other dimension, you'd just be breaking 2kg... which would be charged at $42.75. With 20% off, that becomes the more tolerable amount of $34.20.

But I doubt TRU has boxes that perfectly sized.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just be warned that Shopmate charges by cubic weight (L x W x H in meters) x 250.

Arcee weighs about 310g and her dimensions are 26 × 18 × 7.

If Toys R Us provided you with a box that fits exactly 2 x Arcees with only 1cm of padding around any other dimension, you'd just be breaking 2kg... which would be charged at $42.75. With 20% off, that becomes the more tolerable amount of $34.20.

But I doubt TRU has boxes that perfectly sized.
    Argh! Now I'm picturing a big box of air like Amazon usually does with my Arcee's bouncing all around...
    Thanks for the heads up though Jaydisc, I should of kept reading the Shopmate conditions
    I was expecting around $30-35 but I guess we'll wait and see...