Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

AAs a Queenslander, hope PC can get it. And also hope someone can do some examples for the form B709 about mp36. Then can help us to fill and the permit if necessarily.

Is all this a non-issue if it has an orange plug in the barrel?
    Spiderken Away!

I've got an imitation firearms license because I was told by customs to get one, even though I live in Qld, before ordering G1 and MP Megs. But I've also read this:
    https://www.police.qld.gov.au/progra...s/replicas.htm

"For Category A, B, C and H non-firing replica weapons no weapons licence is required."
    Any other Qlders want to clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Question for you GoktimusPrime, I need some clarification on storage area. Does it need to be locked up in a display case or safe? Also does someone come out to your house and inspect the storage area?
    The display unit must be lockable, but it does not need to be a safe nor does it need to be wall mounted. Mine is just a glass display cube that's is locked by a padlock.

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    Can someone please answer this? This is another worry of mine. I just want to display Megatron on a shelf in Robot mode
    So get a glass display cabinet with a key lock. It is a more expensive option though, getting a small display unit is the cheaper alternative.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Silly question, IF Premium Collectables stocks them would...we still need the permits?

Because it would seem silly if we pay them more so they can get them in locally without issues On their end only for local customs to take it back again?

I'm actually considering getting a proper gun license, from what I've been told they last longer than the cover letter from the Governor, and while the cost is a tad more the fact it supposedly last 5 years makes it seem like a better deal, that and firearm usage...though I'd have to find out if just having the license alone (and of course the import permit which is free).

Regardless I honestly feel too embarrassed to find a referee JUST to let me keep basically a toy gun, and without a regular doctor (due to my unnaturally good luck ) I'd have to track down an old school teacher (who's now a principal last I checked I think...erm, somewhere) or (on the recommendation from a friend who has a gun license) just to ask the local copshop to be that referee (Don't know any but apparently they can just do a background check and that'd count or something).

Having anxiety as well as dealing with money based matters is quite painful to say the least, if only I didn't crave such a good looking megatron in Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I've got an imitation firearms license because I was told by customs to get one, even though I live in Qld, before ordering G1 and MP Megs. But I've also read this:
    https://www.police.qld.gov.au/progra...s/replicas.htm

"For Category A, B, C and H non-firing replica weapons no weapons licence is required."
    Any other Qlders want to clarify?
    Downloaded the form, just waiting for PC. Will fill it after get confirm news.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The display unit must be lockable, but it does not need to be a safe nor does it need to be wall mounted. Mine is just a glass display cube that's is locked by a padlock.
    So why does the megatron.net site say this on their Safe Storage Requirements Summary:

Display of Prohibited Firearms / Weapons

Items must be authorised by the appropriate permit to be displayed and secure so as to prevent their removal by an unauthorised person by being either of the following methods.

* Fixed to a wall by galvanized hexagon head coach screws not less than 65mm in length and 8mm diameter, OR

* Secured to wall mounted gun rack by plastic coated flexible steel cable (4mm minimum thickness), or chain of equivalent strength, passing through the trigger guard(s) secured to the wall at each end by expanding anchor bolts/coach screws.
    If it's as simple as just having a locked box that doesn't need to be affixed anywhere, why bother having a safe storage requirement in the first place? Seeing as I can always steal the whole unit rather than crack it and take the contents.

The factsheets from the NSW cop shop site are even crazier, listing minimum weight requirements and materials for construction.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Is all this a non-issue if it has an orange plug in the barrel?
    Nope, orange barrel plug doesn't count in Australia, that's an American thing. If BBTS etc decide to import into America they will have someone in Asia put plugs in the barrels to satisfy US law.

Also legality questions should probably go in the Gunformers thread. http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Downloaded the form, just waiting for PC. Will fill it after get confirm news.
    Yeah, could be very useful...

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Silly question, IF Premium Collectables stocks them would...we still need the permits?
    If they get them in stock, its already past customs, and from there it is almost certain you will receive your goods, as it will travel via road freight.

Whether you decide regarding getting a permit (or not), that's up to you, but history suggests that will not affect your ability to obtain a megatron once its already on Aussie soil.

Having said that the process might change depending on whether PC have to conform to any restrictions or not.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------