View Poll Results: How would you like to represent OZFORMERS?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lanyards?

24 57.14%
  • ID Stickers?

1 2.38%
  • Just wear tf gears?

5 11.90%
  • Banners?

0 0%
  • Jerseys?

7 16.67%
  • ID Pins?

1 2.38%
  • Other Suggestions

4 9.52%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozformers Out In The Open!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    T-shirt.
    We've had T-shirt polls before and I while they're a great idea we never agree on the design.

A simple polo or T-shirt with the Ozformers Australia Matrix over the wearer's heart/left breast and the web address somewhere would be perfect.

I know some people want loud and proud Madri Gras coming out style shirts, but a simple, neat, uniform design worn like a brand would portray the image of a nicely run club with an aspect of leadership. If i were a noob I'd want to know what 'those guys' are about.
    Question is. Is everyone ready to put money into making it + add it with our transformer expenses? OR find a cheap alternative where everyone can afford it? Its good ideas dont get me wrong but where trying to find a cheaper for everybody. It is nice but is everyone willing to pay for a shirt? If so how much do you reckon it would cost?

$23 at zazzle.com

MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

I have a suggestion - if everyone wants t-shirts and the design is just the Ozformers logo over one breast (tee hee) similar to the above, then I could produce these from home.

All that is required is for someone to email me the design that we all agree on and to pay for a plain white t-shirt. There may be some mark-up due to using my own ink and so forth, but I would keep this to a minimum.

My wife has done a few t-shirts for me in the past. The 'Prowl' t-shirt that I wore at the collectors fair was one of her designs.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics
    Question is. Is everyone ready to put money into making it + add it with our transformer expenses? OR find a cheap alternative where everyone can afford it? Its good ideas dont get me wrong but where trying to find a cheaper for everybody. It is nice but is everyone willing to pay for a shirt? If so how much do you reckon it would cost?
    Hence my suggestion for a lanyard.

Other issues to consider:
    + T-shirts get covered up on cold days
    + Jerseys can get too hot on warm days (esp long-sleeve jerseys)

Lanyards also allow us to wear our own TF clothes (or blasphemous(TM) non-TF clothes ) of choice, thus being less restrictive on people's fashion choice. I reckon you'd get better compliance with lanyards compared to shirts or jerseys. Not everyone might be willing to pay $23 for a T-shirt, but perhaps more people would pay a few dollars for a lanyard.

The t-shirt/jersey debate has come up before I think we basicly established that while some 50-75% would buy and wear a t-shirt the remaining percentage would not.

I think if this is about identification at events like the Collectibles fair then t-shirts are to restrictive. At any given event umpteen people will be wearing them while the others wont be, on the other hand it's alot easier to grab a lanyard.

I'll say now, that unless I particularly like the t-shirts design then It will be a pass for me.

Well even though I'm a fan of TFs, you will never ever catch me dead in any TF related apparel anywhere let alone at a meet

So for the purpose of this discussion, I vote in favour of a lanyard... easy to organize, easy to remove once the meet is over and it's cheap and cheerful.

The thing I like most is that it serves the intended purpose without advertising to the world about your geekiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    The thing I like most is that it serves the intended purpose without advertising to the world about your geekiness.
    Kinda like a Pretender I see the logic.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Pretenders hide the Nerd inside!

T-shirts are still a good idea, but the design may be on hold due to a few upcoming changes here.

And even if we had an Ozformers T-shirt, you'd still need something with a name on it, like the lanyard/nametag ideas.

Besides, I'm wondering if many people would want to show up to the one event in the same clothing? Even at dedicated TFs events like BotCon, you don't get many wanting to be seen wearing the same thing (even the botcon tshirts).
    When we've had 2 people wearing the same TFs T-shirt at AUS meets, one or both have felt weird, but I suppose the option will be there for people to decide for themselves on the day.

I actually didn't mind the stickers, although obviously they're not reusable. (All of us having the same T-shirts at a meet would be weird, in my opinion.)