Page 9 of 195 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

This popped up on a friend's facebook page and needed to be shared

Love it!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So I gave in an ordered the G2 Superion and Menasor sets that have basically tempted me since I saw the first images. Ordered from PC, so it worked out to be about $260 for both sets, which seems like a bit, but when broken down between 12 figures, it's actually just under $22 per individual transformer - cheaper than almost any of the other CW figures I've got, plus I'm building up a Neo-G2 collection, so why not?

Last night I dreamed that there was a two pack released of the second Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime and the first Alternators Ravage mould, which was also recoloured as Optimus Prime. For some reason they could combine in the dream. Also, the Ravage-Prime abomination came with a new Optimus head as standard, but also had a Ravage head which when attached to the body turned it black so it looked more like Ravage. Both the combination and the head swapping gimmick were really disappointingly loose and I could hardly get them to stay together.

I really hope Hasbro aren't paying too close attention to my dreams or this board. If they are, we might just see this as a Platinum Year of the Monkey release next year!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    A sighting from a few days ago - TRU Frankston had the platinum Blaster and Perceptor 2-pack on clearance, down from $199 to $189. The reason? According to the sticker applied by TRU staff, the "microscope does not work".

I didn't see if it was still sealed but I'm presuming it was sold, opened and returned. I also don't know if Perceptor's microscope is supposed to be a working one. So I'm left speculating: was it returned complete, or did someone buy it, remove a gun or a missile or something they needed, then return it with a stupid reason (ie "I was expecting a working microscope")? Was it meant to have a working microscope and this one didn't, and TRU staff thought that this decreased the value by only $10? Who is going to buy something that is faulty/doesn't work but that is still overpriced by a minimum of $50 (based on what you can get it for elsewhere)?

(Edit: According to TFWiki, the original Perceptor toy had a working (albeit crude) microscope. This does not resolve my speculation )
    An even stupider reason: Back in my uni days I worked in the toys section of a department store, and every once in a blue moon we'd get customers returning TF Movie/ROTF transformers and saying that the toy is defunct because they can't transform it.

Unfortunately this only happened on my days off, and I come back to a perfectly good mistransformed robot in a mangled mess. Eventually it disappears off the shelf so I assume it was bought or just had a five finger discount applied to it.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    An even stupider reason: Back in my uni days I worked in the toys section of a department store, and every once in a blue moon we'd get customers returning TF Movie/ROTF transformers and saying that the toy is defunct because they can't transform it.

Unfortunately this only happened on my days off, and I come back to a perfectly good mistransformed robot in a mangled mess. Eventually it disappears off the shelf so I assume it was bought or just had a five finger discount applied to it.
    So here's a discounted item I found once at Target. What's wrong with Dirt Boss?

Forklift Mode missing! And by the looks of it the staff found an opened box on the floor and marked it down because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So here's a discounted item I found once at Target. What's wrong with Dirt Boss?

Forklift Mode missing! And by the looks of it the staff found an opened box on the floor and marked it down because of it.

Oh that's priceless

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Ummmm, it says transformer on the box
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Holy Primus that's hilarious.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

That's an interesting point.
    Unless the packaging specifically says that the two images on the back of the package is the one toy in two forms, could it be claimed (intentionally or in ignorance of not knowing what Transformers toys do) that the package should have "both" inside as if they were actually two different toys (not one toy with two forms).

Using Dirtboss as the example, if you didn't know the multi-form gimmick of Transformers toys, you could look on the packaging and assume that the two toy photos on the back means two toys should be in the pack. (some Transformers toys can look like unrelated toys in both modes, especially if it has completely different colours between modes)
    After all, non-converting toys generally don't show multiple photos of the contents as it could suggest that all of them is supposed to be inside the box.

For those thinking that Transformers would never have two modes of the same character on the pack AND have two different toys in the packaging... think again. The Titanium Optimus 3-pack had on the back, photos of the robot mode, truck mode and pre-earth mode... and guess what, it had three toys in the pack.
    True, that's the exception, but I'm sure there is probably a legal argument that could claim that the packaging is advertising two toys but only includes one, because it doesn't state that it is the one toy, or the "sold separately" disclaimer of other products shown on the packaging.