Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Teases New Optimus Prime for SDCC2018

Yeah I thought it was just an exotic codpiece.... his smoke stacks have been castrated from the POTP version too
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Exclusive release ‘Serrated Scrotum Optimus’
    With spring-loaded crotch cutting action!

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Exclusive release ‘Serrated Scrotum Optimus’
    I thought it was an exclusive Optimus vs Lorena Bobbitt cross over. Talk about random combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Nah, that’s just a Hasbro Pulse branding element
    It's got a double meaning, its a hint that this will be a redeco of POTP OP in sleep mode! Just like the monitors on him in the movie just before he...

Note: This is not a serious post

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/13/t...evealed-367323

It was a silhouette of WFC: Siege Optimus Prime, a Voyager.

Also reveals Sideswipe (deluxe) and Firedrive ('Battle Master' ie a Targetmaster).

Designs look interesting. They're not fully Cubertronian, but more sort of 1980s retro futuristic looking, kind of like the TF Animated designs.

Also, it looks like the first part of this new Generations trilogy is imprinted SIEGE.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Sideswipe and targetmasters are good, so kinda sold on them, TM definitely. Prime, meh. Wanna see more in due time. I woulda preferred full on cybertronian vehicles over earth looking, but oh well

The voyager Prime looks quite alright (messy alt mode though) and I quite like the Sideswipe. Will probably skip the TargetBattle masters

But mainline deluxes are $20 USD now huh. Great...

Crap. Didn't even notice that price. So likely 40 for us. Not a far stretch if Kmart has deluxes at 35. Guess I'll be skipping alot unless I find them on special

Doesn't look too bad, but not too inspired either. Combined with the price, Hasbro is really helping to firm my resolve on cutting back.

The details of the three size classes revealed with this sneak peek (which will have more reveals at SDCC next weekend.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters WFC-S1 Firedrive
    The WFC-S1 FIREDRIVE figure converts from robot mode to Duo-Charge Electrostatic Photon Cannon mode in 5 easy steps. Use the weapon mode to equip other Siege figures (sold separately) with larger mission loadouts and use the included Fire Blasts to simulate blasterfire or explosions firing from the ends of weapon mode Battle Masters or other Siege weapon accessories (not included/ each sold separately).
    Retail Price: $5.99

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class WFC-S10 Sideswipe
    This articulated 5.5-inch scale Deluxe Class WFC-S10 SIDESWIPE action figure features classic conversion between robot and CYBERTRONIAN car modes in 16 steps. The WFC-S10 SIDESWIPE figure features story-inspired battle-worn deco and is equipped with a W-10 Photo-Pulser Proton Launcher weapon accessory and a W-5 Gyro Blaster weapon accessory. The 2 weapon accessories mod-lock together to form the larger RR Gyrofuse Axleswitch Hyper-Blaster.
    Retail Price $19.99

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class WFC-S11 Optimus Prime
    This highly articulated 7-inch scale Voyager Class WFC-S11 OPTIMUS PRIME action figure features classic conversion between robot and CYBERTRONIAN armored truck modes in 27 steps. The figure features story-inspired battle-worn deco and is equipped with a W-50 Dual-Mech ENERGON Strikeshield weapon accessory with converting axe and shield modes and a W-M3 RF Ion Blaster accessory. The 2 weapon accessories mod-lock together to form the larger Sentrystrike Ultra-Blaster. Multiple C.O.M.B.A.T. System weapons ports in bot and vehicle modes allow fans to attach weapons to figure in custom weapon configurations.
    Retail Price: $29.99

Obviously those are US prices, and depending on the exchange rate at the time of purchase by Hasbro Australia, probably expect double those figures here, as the Deluxe class has been edging its way to US$20 in the last few years, and these US prices are generally about half the average of our retail prices.

The US RRPs for 2016 were...

GEN TMast - - 5
    GEN Deluxe - - 17
    GEN Voyager - 25

The US RRPs for 2017 were...
    TF5 Legion -- - - 6
    TF5 Deluxe - - - 20
    TF5 Voyager - - 30

The US RRPs for 2018 were...
    GEN PMast - - 5
    GEN Deluxe - - 17
    GEN Voyager - 25

Based on the 2017 US price points that match the new WFC price points, anything under double those figures here has been a bonus for us... but at some point, as the US prices go up, ours will follow.