Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn the Ford Falcon car into a Transformer!

Default Turn the Ford Falcon car into a Transformer!

When I recieved this news from news.com.au, I couldn't believe what I saw.

Ford Australia is kind of low, so they pulled this move for some odd reason.

THE humble Ford Falcon is about to undergo a massive transformation to star in an upcoming video game.

But it's not the transformation Ford wants, which would take the car from a fading showroom flop into a born-again success with buyers.

Instead, the Falcon will be morphed into a Transformer for a war between Autobots and Decepticons.

Gamers are being asked to put their twist on the Falcon by choosing from a range of characteristics for the Australian version of a Transformers car.

They will help decide which model, what colour, whether it will be an Autobot or a Decepticon. They will even decide its name.

The results will be passed to High Moon Studios for inclusion in the company's 'Transformers: Fall of Cyberton' game, which is being unveiled on August 22.

At least there is a guaranteed outcome, as the most-recent entertainment twist on the Falcon saw it transformed into a 21st century Interceptor for a potential Mad Max revival.

The movie is going ahead but, despite a successful display at the Melbourne Motor Show and internet interest from around the world, Ford Australia could not raise enough money to take the Mad Max idea beyond a scale model.

Gamers who want to follow the Falcon should head to the car and company's Facebook sites.
    People on facebook already voted that the Transformer be an Autobot. Now the kind of car its going to be is up to you to decide.

You can place your votes here: http://www.facebook.com/FordAustralia

Sounds interesting. And good to have something exclusively Australian with Transformers.

Two things odd about this though...

1 - I wonder how it could be included in the FOC game (not the game itself obviously) with it being released in just 14 days time, so is likely to already be produced and on its way from the factories to the stores.

2 - Ford is the rival to General Motors, who is the car company "partnered/tied" to the Transformers (Movie) Franchise... so it is surprising to see Ford gaining access to the Transformers universe, unless they saw the financial reward of GMs involvement.

Decepticon Guest

Perhaps it's Grimlock? Dinosaur on wheels.

Default An Aussie Ford Falcon Transformer

Found this at Seibertron.com

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ept-art/25561/

I'm not sure which model I would vote for - I drive a Holden!!

But it'd have to be a ute though, surely.

If I had to pick a rubbish falcon, I suppose it's gotta be the XR6 Turbo. I would've loved to see a Focus RS Decepticon!

F6 ute or sedan as Cyclonus

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    2 - Ford is the rival to General Motors, who is the car company "partnered/tied" to the Transformers (Movie) Franchise... so it is surprising to see Ford gaining access to the Transformers universe, unless they saw the financial reward of GMs involvement.
    That's exactly what I was thinking...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I read elsewhere that the responses Ford receives will be given to High Moon studios who will create a piece of "FoC style" transformer concept art for Ford to use. It probably won't make it into the game or dlc (unfortunately).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

^Yeah, it's going to be a concept art.

More importantly, I hope they give it an Australian-based persona in the tech specs bio. Because that's what we did with the Autobot Chainmasters for the Sabretron 2004 convention -- they all had Australian-based colours and each had a different kind of Australian-based/inspired personality. I personally would love to see this Autobot portrayed as an egalitarian, because I think that's one of the great things about Australian culture/society (at least in concept).