Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 5 Generations toys - update

Default Last 5 Generations toys - update

The final five Generations toys (Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Kup, Scourge, Warpath) arrived at Hasbro over a month ago, but since that time, stores have been discontinuing existing lines for the release of the Movie toys mid-May.

After seeing the 3 Majors discontinuing Generations before these last five made it to their stores, I spoke to TRU, and unfortunately they did too.

This just leaves Toyworld, Myer and DavidJones... the latter two are less likely with such small inventory and infrequent restocking, they will probably also be focussing on Movie toys for the rest of the year.

For those yet to bite the bullet and import them, or can't, it would seem that Toyworld is most likely going to be the only storechain we'll see them in now.

Well, that pretty much rules out these guys ever seeing the light of day at retail in NSW then (unless there's a Toyworld I don't know about ).

On the other hand, they may get a mass retail release in a few months time after the initial launch of the DOTM toys (but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen).

I guess it's time to whip those credit cards out guys and order online! (in case you haven't already gotten these guys yet)

Hmmm I'll have to check our Toyworld in Ulladulla. I know Batemans Bay toyworld hasn't had any new transformers stock for a while but she hardly sells anything because it is overpriced. She still has a Camshaft from the first movie (That horrible cycloptic robot thing used for Swindle too) for $32.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Disappointing but expected.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hopefully they somehow spring up at a discount price at an Uncle Petes for those of us in Sydney (who are away from Toyworld shops)

Time to transfer some money into paypal again it seems. The only Toyworld in my area hasn't restocked in a year. Oh, yes they have, They got in one Rts Battle in Space pack some time this week.

Sooo...
    Movie1 floods out Classics.
    RotF ends Animated.
    DotM stops us getting the latest Generations wave even though they're already here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Sooo...
    Movie1 floods out Classics.
    RotF ends Animated.
    DotM stops us getting the latest Generations wave even though they're already here...

If they are already here, maybe they will show up in discount stores? Not particularly likely but Hasbro appear to have done it before with their other lines.

I am still actively trying to get hold of these as a store and man are they giving me a hard time over it. As Hasbro will not deal with any store that will not buy a minimum of $30,000 per annum of product, I have to deal with thier authorised secondary wholesalers and so far I'm not getting anywhere.

Well played Hasbro. Well played.