View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

I went and saw the movie again this morning, in 2D this time and without the French subtitles ("Autobots allons-y!").

I enjoyed it on a second viewing which I didn't with ROTF, so points there.

Noticed many things I hadn't the first time which is always nice. Like: "Sidearm Sideswipe" near the end,the Spacebridge pylons the first time we see Sentinel in the opening, the three times the big armed Decepticon is seen, Que's vehicle mode, Soundwave's speakers in robot mode, the G1 theme song, Brawn in NEST HQ, how Carly's taunting of Megatron comes because she saw Sentinel Prime beating Megatron down earlier on the tower.

The tilting building does work better in 3D. In 2D it felt like it went on a bit too long. And there's a few shots in the car chase that are a bit better in 3D, but overall I don't think the 3D is an essential element of the film.

I reckon I'll see it again (in 2D) at the cinema before it's run is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I suddenly have the urge to see ROTF again, because in my memory it's now become high art compared to DOTM.
    After watching DOTM twice, i watched ROTF on Blu-Ray again and i have to say that i like DOTM more than ROTF. Although ROTF had the best fight scene out of all the movies (Optimus vs Decepticons in the forest), and the best line (Optimus to The Fallen: "I rise, you fall").

Both films had plotholes, unanswered questions, and WTF moments but DOTM had more emotion and better visuals and score IMO. It was far from perfect but it had overall better scenes than ROTF.

Shockwave was a under used, and Megatron had too little screen time and a cheap death, but ROTF was worse due to the wasted Devastator (which could have turned into the biggest, baddest transformer instead of a crawling robot sloth) and crap humour (The Twins and humping dogs).

I'll definately be buying DOTM on Blu-Ray and i'll be watching it again.
    Last edited by shokwave2; 22nd July 2011 at 03:08 AM.

first off ....HATED IT, secondly : why is it always general or casual fans or non tf fans will like it because of the action or the non transformer scenes? it seems to me that weather or not you like these movies comes down to weather or not you like watching CRAP ! I dont have a single friend that likes em and none are tf fans but I could tell you that a good story PLAYED OUT WELL in ANY medium would not only please them and myself but also give a live action TRANSFORMER film a better standing as a film in general.
    Bay ONLY makes movies to the equivalent of "Pop music"

People will argue "no it's not crap because I like it",well I never argued your freedom to like CRAP!

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MECHA MALAKA View Post
    first off ....HATED IT, secondly : why is it always general or casual fans or non tf fans will like it because of the action or the non transformer scenes? it seems to me that weather or not you like these movies comes down to weather or not you like watching CRAP ! I dont have a single friend that likes em and none are tf fans but I could tell you that a good story PLAYED OUT WELL in ANY medium would not only please them and myself but also give a live action TRANSFORMER film a better standing as a film in general.
    Bay ONLY makes movies to the equivalent of "Pop music"

People will argue "no it's not crap because I like it",well I never argued your freedom to like CRAP!
    thats a fairly swooping statement, im not sure whether you hated the movie, hated bay, or hated us tf fans that actually liked the movie? I think we all know its never going to be exactly what we want because it has to appeal to everyone to be successful, that means action, that means romance, that means humour etc. It has a plot, but obviously its not as strong as a lot of people would have like it. I agree the movie isnt perfect but surely there are some good points to it? you cant have hated all of it, otherwise you wouldnt be a tf fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    thats a fairly swooping statement, im not sure whether you hated the movie, hated bay, or hated us tf fans that actually liked the movie? I think we all know its never going to be exactly what we want because it has to appeal to everyone to be successful, that means action, that means romance, that means humour etc. It has a plot, but obviously its not as strong as a lot of people would have like it. I agree the movie isnt perfect but surely there are some good points to it? you cant have hated all of it, otherwise you wouldnt be a tf fan?
    the crappy context these rather good looking robots where used in! AND anyone who thinks these films "HAD" to be his way!
    to appeal to whom? being successful for being a well written well told well played out well acted story and success from just being a popcorn flick are very different things
    I find it embarrassing to tell people I'm a TF fan because off these films

the crappy context these rather good looking robots where used in! AND anyone who thinks these films "HAD" to be his way!
    to appeal to whom? being successful for being a well written well told well played out well acted story and success from just being a popcorn flick are very different things
    I find it embarrassing to tell people I'm a TF fan because off these films
    Point taken mate, you don't think it deserved an Oscar. See there you go, at least you agree the robots look good :-) it can't all be bad. At least this movie gives the franchise an opportunity to stay alive. I'm pretty sure hasbro or takara wouldn't keep a franchise like this just for middle aged guys and gals that continue to love what brought us happiness as children. We should appreciate the fact that this movie allows revenue to create figures which represent our favorite characters as well as keeping the brand alive in the future for our children to love as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I'm pretty sure hasbro or takara wouldn't keep a franchise like this just for middle aged guys and gals that continue to love what brought us happiness as children.
    Considering they managed to keep it going for 23 years without the support of a live action film, I'm pretty sure they would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Considering they managed to keep it going for 23 years without the support of a live action film, I'm pretty sure they would have.
    This is true Sky Shadow. I just wonder for how much longer would the franchise have stayed alive wthout the massive re-surging of interest into the brand due to the movie. Thus creating a new series with characters heavily styled like their movie counterparts (TF: Prime). Transformers alone has raised profits for Hasbro in the last quarter primarily due to the new range of movie toys made available. Now I am totally aware im getting off topic here and I apoligise for that! haha

What I really wanted to put across to Mecha Malaka was that the whole movie cant have sucked, there must have been parts that you did enjoy - i.e. the good looking robots as previously stated. I mean the simple fact that they have taken real vehicles and allowed them to turn into an alien race of robots is pretty freakin cool right? were there parts that you did enjoy?

If i enjoyed it because I had super low expectations, did I really enjoy it at all?

You're opinion to say its crap. My opinion says its not.

To each there own.