Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

The voice under the ship? I'm guessing it might be the voice of the ship...?

I think Ultra Magnus' seriousness was taken a bit too far but otherwise this series can do no wrong.

This story deserved the two part approach that allowed the mystery and threat develop, with a real sense of danger, that it wouldn't have had as a single issue.

I also really liked the surprise appearance (dating back to the first IDW comic) I never suspected we'd see again. It's a good way of acknowledging this is #13X of a long running series.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    P.P.S.: Dear Hasbro, can we haz IDW-Fort Max inspired Generations Fort Max toy please?

They'd prolly recolour an Armada Megs figure and say here you go....not a good thing
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Wow. Just wow.

We get a reasonable and clever answer to the mystery that was set up in the earlier issues, we get a great fix for Ratchet losing some ability, and also some freedom to use him in a multitude of different ways in coming stories (although I am sure we will get some focus back on other characters for a few issues).

Art again was fantastic, matched the story perfectly and not a panel is wasted.

Great to see the Lost Light gather up a few new recruits, and I wonder if we will get to see Prowl complaining about the events of the issue in a later RiD?

I'll add in more details to my thoughts after a few days so as not to spoilerfy it for anyone.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

this was a really really good issue.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I really enjoyed this issue. The story is certainly living up the the series title of being More Than Meets The Eye! Nice to see Ratchet's avatar making a reappearance, heh.

That preview for #6 was misleading... I expected a downtime issue, but instead a very satisfying all-in-one story that was revealing, and funny, and tense and I'll wait until more people have read it to ask the question on my mind at the end.

Really ancient transformations took 10 mins? Lol. Conceivable world-building details in a throwaway line. I love that sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That preview for #6 was misleading... I expected a downtime issue, but instead a very satisfying all-in-one story that was revealing, and funny, and tense and I'll wait until more people have read it to ask the question on my mind at the end.

Really ancient transformations took 10 mins? Lol. Conceivable world-building details in a throwaway line. I love that sort of stuff.
    this was a great issue..

i didnt expect one bot to do that

i didnt expect the other thing to happen..

and the backstory of another autobot....

and the the last page..... so many question now..

but a really good issue

now i got to wait a month for more..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's also like playing with your Transformer toys in real time!

Vvvvvrrmmmmm, ZZzzzzoooommm!
    "Transfooooorm!"
    <10 min later>
    "Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    this was a great issue..

i didnt expect one bot to do that

i didnt expect the other thing to happen..

and the backstory of another autobot....

and the the last page..... so many question now..

but a really good issue

now i got to wait a month for more..

I agree. Wow. Just wow.

I could seriously just read hundreds of pages like the first half dozen, but the next dozen or so after I could read thousands of.

Nice to have writers who obviously want to flesh out their characters and use them to tell the story.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Im really liking the way the stories for this comics is written. Alas poor .... we barely knew him.... He was even rubbed off now in the roster of who's who at the end. ah well. OH and that last page.... hmmm shouldnt he be more skeletal from all the damage he got from LSOTW? I sense a smackdown soon.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]