Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP Starscream discount Voucher for TRU

Default MP Starscream discount Voucher for TRU

Emailed to me for Ozformers members only, is a discount voucher for their exclusive MP Ghost Starscream figure. Discounted from $250 to $163, and you have until the end of January 2012 (over 9 months away).

Please resist the urge to post any obvious negative comments about the price of this figure (which have been mentioned numerous times before here anyway), as this could be just a first step towards future offers and exclusives just for members here... so please play nice. And we might see bigger and better things in the future.

nice might get one now

Oh wow!

I've been waiting for a sale on this - I'm gonna get two now... one to open and one to keep MISB.

Thanks Griff and thanks TRU!

Even though it is still possible to get these online from Asian sources for about AU$120 WITH shipping, this is a viable 'safe' alternative for those who don't have credit cards or paypal, or don't want to risk having something get lost or damaged in the mail (or not be sent at all from a dodgy dealer).
    I think some will see the extra $40 as affordable 'insurance', in getting one of these without fear or hassles.

And yes, it's good to see TRU recognise that our community was a significant target of this exclusive, and have sent us an incentive to start buying them.

So do I just print this page out and present it to TRU? Umm what should I show as proof of me being an Ozformer member, What would they accept as shall we say ID Griff? Just verifying what to do so I dont look like a dolt and be turned down in TRU Parra (nearest one to me) when I try to buy one heheheh,
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

While I dont collect MPs, I have to say this is such an awesome move by TRU and I welcome it.

Looking forward to future deals such as this. Will greatly benefit us, the collector community!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So do I just print this page out and present it to TRU? Umm what should I show as proof of me being an Ozformer member, What would they accept as shall we say ID Griff? Just verifying what to do so I dont look like a dolt and be turned down in TRU Parra (nearest one to me) when I try to buy one heheheh,
    Just print out the coupon and hand it to the cashier. You shouldn't need to do or show anything else. If it doesn't work, get them to call up head office to verify it.

BTW, if anyone else gets sent this coupon by email, like on their mailing list, let us know so we can see if this was just for members (and lurkers) of this forum.

Wait, wait, wait. So now I only have to pay slightly over 3 times what I paid for my Anime Accurate MP Starscream a year or two ago?

While I'm not really interested in MP ghostscream, I think this is a great step by TRU, certainly validates us in their eyes. Even though it's still a bit expensive, I get your "insurance" poiont too Griffin.

Hopefully this will lead to further offers in the future.