Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Stan Lee

Default R.I.P Stan Lee

Stan Lee passed away at age 95 this morning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/o...-lee-dead.html

What an absolute legend of a man. I know some members here actually got to meet him. He will be sorely missed

It is indeed a sad dark day for generations of fans. My family is heart broken. He will be missed. RIP Stan

RIP Stan, I have always enjoyed your work with Marvel

Stan Lee was a legend, a patriarch of the comics and superhero industry, a pioneer in the way he shaped his heroes and villains with their personalities. It is sad that he has passed, but such is life for us mortal beings. He will forever be remembered and his legacy will live on for millennia, that I have no doubt.

FatalityPitt Guest

My first comic was Captain America Annual 1993. I got it when I was 7 years-old. I've been a Marvel fan for a very long time, and it's hard to imagine what things would have been like without Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. Stan Lee's work has been a big influence on me personally. I never imagined I'd see the day he'd pass and I always felt like he was immortal. RIP Stan Lee. Excelsior!

RIP Stan Lee. Really sad news Like FatalityPitt, his work has had a big influence on some my choices in life. I recently rewatched the complete 1994 Spider-Man animated series and got to see the ending I missed out on (or didn't air?). Something really special and poignant about the cameo he had at the end of that series, where [Spoiler Alert!] Spidey enters a universe occupied by a Spider-Man without powers and is only a fictional character created by Stan Lee; Spidey takes Stan web-slinging around the city to his great joy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJfkmK_DGw

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Rip

Who's the greatest character to come out of Marvel?

Stan Lee of course. Without that giant we wouldn't have all those other giants we see in comic books and on the silver screen.

R.I.P. Stan Lee

At first it was a shock but it's been amazing to see how much he has been celebrated the last two days.

Not many people can say they lived a full life like Stan.

Eager to see his final cameos in Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel.

I'm also keen now to read his autobiography. Anyone else read it and if so how was it?