Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Plastic modelling - Battlestar Galactica WIP

WOW. that is the best custom starship I've ever seen
    The details, the internal structure and led's and fibre Optics. just wow.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm left speechless after looking at that! I'm literally picking up my jaw from the ground! That is absolutely amazing work dude! So much attention to detail, but it definitely paid off. You've gotta be proud of that effort! Thanks heaps for sharing, I've been looking forward to seeing the finished product for some time now.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Please believe me when I say the photos don't do it justice by half.

Next up for the BSG fleet is the Battlestar Pegasus, also from Moebius Models at 1:4105. The kit's a monster; at 40 cm long it's 30% longer than galactica, and substantially more massive. In addition to the kit, I've got 2 sets of photoetch to add some missing details and, most importantly, convert the flight pods from simulated interior to true full length landing bays. I'm planning for LEDs in all four flight pods, all 8 engines and plenty of window lighting too. Also toying with the idea of red and green approach lights on the landing bays.

Now that I know what I'm doing, and with the larger, more detailed kit, I'm hoping it will prove to be an easier build. Unfortunately I'm now in Melbourne and most of the bits are in Perth, so this will have to remain in the planning stages for now.