Thread: Return of an old friend

Default Return of an old friend

I had a reasonable (if not extensive) collection of G1's as a boy growing up in the '80's. I was anal in the way I placed the stickers on them, kept every missile and gun, was careful not to let the chrome rub off (not too much anyway). As a teen, I lost interest and foolishly gave them up to a younger step-brother who demolished them. His mum and my dad divorced soon after, and I never saw them again. I've regretted not packing them away and keeping them ever since.

I resumed collecting again in 2007, and since then, I've been on the lookout for a G1 Hound, one of the toys I had and my favourite character from the cartoon. Thanks to Megatran here on the boards, I have finally got my hands on a book style reissue Hound.

DSC_0725 by M-bot2011

He's just beautiful. In immaculate condition, and will be as lovingly treated as the original once was. As a character, maybe not a big deal to most here, but he holds a very very special place in my collection.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

That's great M-bot. Congrats on acquiring him There's a few in my collection that are very special to me also like my first ever Transformer (Sideswipe) or the last Christmas present my Grandfather gave to me before passing away (Grimlock). Fortunately, I still have both and would never consider letting them go.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I have finally got my hands on a book style reissue Hound.

DSC_0725 by M-bot2011

He's just beautiful. In immaculate condition, and will be as lovingly treated as the original once was. As a character, maybe not a big deal to most here, but he holds a very very special place in my collection.
    Congrats M-bot. That's the most important thing

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wait, I'm confused... so are we allowed to post acquisitions of reissues on this thread now? Because I've always posted them on the regular acquisition threads, since the creator of this thread explicitly said "no reissues" when he created it.
    I think we can overlook M-Bots Hound because of the cool story behind it.
    While much of my mitigation checking this thread is toy-lust, a heartwarming story of childhood nostalgia and remedying an old wrong is always awesome to hear.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

(move posts to their own topic for the attention it deserves)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I had a reasonable (if not extensive) collection of G1's as a boy growing up in the '80's. I was anal in the way I placed the stickers on them, kept every missile and gun, was careful not to let the chrome rub off (not too much anyway). As a teen, I lost interest and foolishly gave them up to a younger step-brother who demolished them. His mum and my dad divorced soon after, and I never saw them again. I've regretted not packing them away and keeping them ever since.

I resumed collecting again in 2007, and since then, I've been on the lookout for a G1 Hound, one of the toys I had and my favourite character from the cartoon. Thanks to Megatran here on the boards, I have finally got my hands on a book style reissue Hound.

DSC_0725 by M-bot2011

very Nice M-Bot, that sort of acquisition is something to savour

I had a similar experience with skids a few years ago, I still have my original skids(my first transformer) but I got the reissue which being brand new doesn't fall apart at the waist from long term excessive play.

This sort of acquisition is why I hope to eventually see most if not all of the G1 toy line reissued at some point.

Thanks for sharing
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatron Guest

That is a very cool story M-bot, and an inspiration to all of us here and adult collectors everywhere.

Nice story M-bot and a beautiful looking Hound.
    I think the reason I certainly still love Transformers so much is because the joy they gave to me as a kid, the G1 toys are physical reminders of that joy.