22 43.14%
  • In 2D

25 49.02%
  • At home on DVD/BluRay

0 0%
  • I don't want to watch it at all

4 7.84%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you want to watch DOTM: 3D or 2D?

Default How do you want to watch DOTM: 3D or 2D?

The first time you see DOTM at the cinema, will you be watching it in 3D or will you opt for a 2D screening?

(sorry if discussion exists already)

I saw the teaser trailer (the Astronauts on the moon) in the cinema in 2D first then saw the 3D version. The 3D version looks effective but it's a movie gimmick I'm not won over by. The 2D version looked just as great to me.

I watched about half of a more recent US trailer in 2D at a cinema and with SO much happening on screen it convinced me: the movie will look good in 2D and probably easier to follow so that's my first preference.

I will leave the 3D experience for a second viewing. I believe that Bay shot this film in 3D so it does deserve to be seen that way (compared to the needless 3D upgrade to films like Thor).

The last option in the poll should be "watch it at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The last option in the poll should be "watch it at all"
    I LOLed at the actual last option. I imagined someone planning a walk out on the film before they even know if it's bad.

This is an easy one for me - 2D.

I can't watch 3D flicks - either at the cinema or at home on Blu-Ray.

I had to walk out of Avatar after about 20 minutes since watching it in 3D gave me a headache and I felt slightly nauseous.

I'm going to Gold Class and splashing out for this and Cars 2.

No more sitting with peasants!!!!!
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

I voted 2D.

I saw the teaser trailer in 3D with Thor last night, and while I thought that most of the 3d in that trailer was done exceptionally well, the final few seconds where the gears move rapidly across the screen, and where the film name 'transforms' did not look anywhere near as crisp.

After seeing how busy the second main trailer was in 2d, I feel that the 3D version may be hindered more than helped in the fast paced battle scenes.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

2D. I personally think 3D is overrated and don't enjoy it as much as 2D (maybe in the future when they improve 3D technology, but atm it all looks blurry to me).

However if I were to receive a free ticket to watch the movie first in 3D, I wouldn't turn it down! Or if say we organised a fan meet to see it, and most people wanted to see it in 3D, then I'll go with that too. But my personal preference would be for 2D.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I saw the teaser trailer in 3D with Thor last night, and while I thought that most of the 3d in that trailer was done exceptionally well,
    Kewl! I'm gonna go see Thor 3D this evening, so now I'm looking forward to seeing the TF teaser! But I'll stay and watch Thor too (unlike say Meet Joe Black where apparently lots of people bought tickets to see it only to watch the trailer for The Phantom Menace before walking out )

I voted 3D. If it was filmed that way then thats the way to see it. I'll have 2D on dvd so if i think I've missd something then I'll be able to rewatch.
    It's all about the gimmck

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    It's all about the gimmck
    Hasbro'd!

Yep, Transformers would be worth nothing without the interesting and fun gimmicks that are included with the toys. On their own, transforming robots are just boring.

It depends... Transformers that are well engineered on their own can be enjoyed without extra gimmicks. And gimmicks are fine so long as it doesn't compromise the engineering and other factors of the toy.

Some toys are just fine without additional gimmicks (beyond transformation and weapons), e.g. 1984 Jazz. Other toys have gimmicks but are still great toys because the gimmick doesn't significantly compromise the design of the toy, e.g. Cybertron Downshift. Other toys suffer greatly because their design is sacrificed by the gimmick, e.g. Armada Scavenger.

For me, the movie viewing experience is 'compromised' by current 3D screening technology because often the image just looks blurry to me, or as i_amtrunks puts it, just not "crisp." And to me, the trade-off for 3D isn't worth it. But that's my personal preference.

I'm really hoping that 3D technology will improve in the future to make 3D images look sharper. Disneyland has 3D shows which look absolutely amazing (where you see (and feel) 3D characters fly about the theatre! )