Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Summer heat.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ooooh, the wood are swelling? Not good, that means the builder used untreated wood them :O...that's bad...
    Did you even read that before posting it

Nah, it's the clay that all houses in my suburb were built on. One of our neighbours at one point wanted to build up but they were told by council that they couldn't as the house would sink given the clay foundation. They ended up moving instead. It's all good, when winter comes back and it rains everything will sort itself out.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ...Nah, it's the clay that all houses in my suburb were built on...
    I was going to ask when you had moved to Dapto?
    The land we sit on is essentially one giant flood plain, hence it's extremely common to see the same symptoms in practically every house in the suburb.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well I feel justified in how obsessed I've been with running the drippers and sprinklers during the heatwave.

The dam was empty and I was getting it filled this morning. Due to it being empty I couldnt do my morning watering and so we took Orion to the park and then to visit his Grandmother.

Came home just before noon - my fruit tree's were all looking like they were dying, the corn was frizzling etc etc - and this is all from missing ONE water!

Fricken heatwave! 4th day in a row of 45 here - and they say it will drop down to only 39 tomorrow - oh joy.

My challenge to myself is to not lose one tree or plant to the heat this summer - it's cutting close as I have two tree's which look like they are ready to cark it at any moment
    I commend you sir, we're struggling to keep the plants alive in our courtyard, and that's without the temp going over 35...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Finally the cool change has hit Melbourne.

This kind of belongs in the vent section as well, but in the blasted heat, even with my blinds closed, the paint on the logos on my drums, mainly my left tom, have melted a little, as well as a tiny bit on the cymbals. Hasn't gone anywhere, but some of it went on the end of my sticks, so I'm hit the drums plenty of times in the past few days and there are faint black marks on the drum skin.

It's not too big of a deal, but it's kind of annoying.

I posted this on facebook. To everyone complaining about the heat just spare a thought for me in Ulladulla

HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Wowzers is there anything going to be left in Ulladulla after today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I posted this on facebook. To everyone complaining about the heat just spare a thought for me in Ulladulla

*snip*
    Bureau of Meteorology: "Ulladulla, my computer shows your T-437 is fully operational. I suggest you - (Bartrim casually pours molten rubber on it). Oh my god! Oh god no! Oh this can't be happening! You're operating without a T-437, Ulladulla! Oh sweet mother of mercy! I mean, my god!".

*Odd Fact: Apparently the melting point of rubber is between 400 & 537 degrees celsius